TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Haven't been through DA yet, though I do plan on doing it soon - it looks much bigger than I expected from Grizzly's lift! And I love what they've done for Grizzly's entrance, it finally has a plaza of sorts. And having to walk through the gift shop to get there seems to mean even less lines than before!

Well we went about 10 days ago and chose to pay the $5 to go through it and I can tell you I thought it was quite well done. The area was constructed very well the dinos looked great and my kids really enjoyed it.

It sucked paying $20 for the 4 of us but I did think it was worth it to do ONCE. However I would NOT pay to do it again.

Greg

Haven't been through DA yet, though I do plan on doing it soon - it looks much bigger than I expected from Grizzly's lift! And I love what they've done for Grizzly's entrance, it finally has a plaza of sorts. And having to walk through the gift shop to get there seems to mean even less lines than before!

I'm amazed at how well they made DA fit into that area of the park(havn't seen it yet but might sometime) & love the new entry plaza for Grizzly.Now if they can somehow reconfigure rebel yell's queue so you don't have such a long hike just to get into the station.

^I don't think Rebel Yell's exit has to do with getting people to play the games. The station was very different when this ride was first built, and the paths in and out have have been sort of "Frankensteined" over the years.

^^Hopefully after ECB, that first weekend of August! ERT on Volcano was great - the ride flies without any weight holding it back when it heads up through the volcano!

^I don't think Rebel Yell's exit has to do with getting people to play the games. The station was very different when this ride was first built, and the paths in and out have have been sort of "Frankensteined" over the years.

Ah. I just assumed that, given the choice whether to let guests exit at the bottom of the ramp (there's even a gate there) or keep them forced over to the games area, a business looking to make money will just keep things the way they are. It wouldn't be hard to just open that gate, but years later and they still haven't...

This all does look more impressive than I'd expected; pretty cool, actually. I'd pay $5 to see this, at least once. Especially as I'm not likely to live long enough to see a real "Jurassic Park," which I desperately want to.

Back in the day the area near the exit to rebel yell housed the southend sky ride station as well as the backstage area for games prizes...I'd like to see a simple entry ramp going straight into the station much like the set up on carowind's thunder road.

Wow, DA looks a lot more impressive than I thought it would!

I'm gonna have to invest the $5.00 to check it out on my next trip.

Anyone know what the average crowds are like on a thursday as compared to the saturday crowds? I might be going on a group outting to the park on june 21st & hope that crowds will be light compared to the usual saturday experience,especially since we'll only be staying till 6 pm.

Wow, DA looks a lot more impressive than I thought it would!

I'm gonna have to invest the $5.00 to check it out on my next trip.

Anyone know what the average crowds are like on a thursday as compared to the saturday crowds? I might be going on a group outting to the park on june 21st & hope that crowds will be light compared to the usual saturday experience,especially since we'll only be staying till 6 pm.

Light was there Thursday after Memorial day and almost all walk on except Volcano.

^ Well schools were still in then, now the crowds should be heavier, but no where near as bad as a Saturday.

Looking at the forecast for that day it might be near 100 degrees out so that may keep the crowds in the waterpark,our group will not be entering the waterpark however & if it gets too hot the trip might end up being postponed.

I have a quick question. I'm not sure if I'll be heading out to any other parks this year, but it's still a 50/50 chance. I don't want to buy a Platinum Pass just in case I don't visit any other Cedar Fair parks.

I'm buying a Gold Pass, and I was wondering if I could be able to upgrade to a platinum pass later in the year? Thanks in advance for the help...

OK - I am really confused. It seems most people see the photos of DA and think its worth $5... I feel the opposite. What is worth paying an up charge for? It seems just like a simple walk through with some information and slight interactivity... am I missing something?

OK - I am really confused. It seems most people see the photos of DA and think its worth $5... I feel the opposite. What is worth paying an up charge for? It seems just like a simple walk through with some information and slight interactivity... am I missing something?

You get to see the backside of Grizzly?

Edited by cfc

^The word is they want to redo the station to increase capacity--so they can run three trains on it. But I don't think there's been a "formal" announcement yet.