TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Looks great...at least from the looks of things they didn't get all that much snow in the Doswell area.

They got about 5 inches, but it melted quickly.

We didn't get anything up here but just a scant 30 minutes away Woodbridge sure got hit.

Maybe so, but it was gone by the time I got home from West Coast Bash... perfect weekend to be out of town!

Really? How do you get that much snow there when here in Ohio, further north, we've at most gotten a quarter inch.

That is just the way weather works.

Now, we take a break from the Weather Channel to bring you this Kings Dominion Discussion Thread.

Really? How do you get that much snow there when here in Ohio, further north, we've at most gotten a quarter inch.

Now, we take a break from the Weather Channel to bring you this Kings Dominion Discussion Thread.

Anyone got any new updates from the park?I hear that carowinds may have started installing the seating ring on theirs.

Anyone got any new updates from the park?I hear that carowinds may have started installing the seating ring on theirs.

Judging from their webcams, you are correct. The seats themselves and the orange poles that hold them are not yet being installed but the red structure is.

This picture isn't from Carowinds, its from Kings Island. I just uploaded it here to show you what I mean just in case you didn't understand.

It's finally here (as I've been checking almost every day...)!

http://www.kingsdominion.com/images/uploads/file/12kd_parkmap.pdf

Changes this year:

-Obviously Windseeker and Dinosaurs Alive.

-Grizzly Arcade is now "Dinostore" that has dinosaur products including plush, toys, and apparel.

-Old Dominion Dairy is now "Ritas" that has premium ice cream, floats, milkshakes, frozen custards, Italian water ice, and drinks.

-Fast Lane booth where the "Happiness is Finding a Cure!" breast cancer support booth was late last summer. Fast Pass description says on the map that only 10 rides will have it, sooo? Any guesses of which 10?

-Description of where to enter WaterWorks and "arrow"... must've been some confusion?

-The background/theme of the park map brochure is blue/circles. In 2011 it was orange/squares and in 2010 it was gray/arrows.

Overall, I like it! Good job KD!

^That's good to hear about Rita's. We don't have any where I live, so I was curious of how it was. It's in a good location too right next to the Eiffel Tower, so it should get lots of business.

Just reviewing the new map yet again... and I noticed something suprising! NO MORE SPONGEBOB 3D FINALLY? Under Action Theater on the map, it says "(Coming Soon!)". 2013 or summer 2012, anyone?

^ It was there for 9 seasons as it came to the park in 2003 with Drop Tower. I personally would rather have a flat (S&S Swing) there, but I do not see them tearing down the theater in the near future. I definitely think the Action Theater will get lots of visitors again if they put in a good new 3D movie... visitors are just getting sick of watching Spongebob chase the stupid pickle for 9 seasons!

We used to have a Rita's not far from us in Cleveland, and their Italian ice is some of the best I've had. It's great how they rotated flavors and made the batches daily, and hopefully they will do the same at KD.

We had a Rita's here at the strip mall up the road from the house but like everything else in that mall it didn't last long.

Looks like I'll have to check KD's facebook to see if the new map has been posted there as well.

^ That is what I'm expecting as well, but I don't understand why they would put "(coming soon!)" though if it was that, you'd think they'd have that made and ready to go by opening day considering it's obviously already made, unless they are revamping the theater. Plus that "(coming soon!)" is going to be on maps all season long, so its going to confuse people if it opens up randomly during the season. IF they charge money for a movie (DA 3D), I don't see many people at all paying for it at all..... The theater would be even more empty. If they charge for it, they really should make it free with Dinosaurs Alive admission.

I'm suprised Spongebob got kicked out as there is a huge family appeal to it. Though, dinosaurs are loved by many kids though I don't know if they'll be able to fill the theater with an admission fee.

I doubt it,just because KI did it doesn't mean KD will follow suit.BTW the go karts will be there.

I'm suprised Spongebob got kicked out as there is a huge family appeal to it.

Spongebob 3D was there for 9 seasons, which was way more than enough... You can only watch a 3D movie so many times before it gets just plain old. Even if you only go to the park once a season, after seeing it 9 times you'd be over Spongebob chasing the stupid pickle. It has hardly had much of a line either the last few seasons. Finally, it doesn't even make sense for it to be in the park anymore, the Nickelodeon characters left after the 2009 season, this should have left then too.

The Dinosaurs Alive 3D movie would be a very wise choice for the theater (to get the guests excited about dinosaurs, which means they would pay for Dinosaurs Alive!), IF it was FREE. I haven't heard of such a stupid idea as charging to go see a <10 minute 3D movie.