TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Hear that Action Theater may be vacating its spot for the 2012 season. Total building removal. Of course we hear this rumor every season.

No big loss there, I always hated the thought of these type of attractions in an amusement park!

As far as CF adding the same thing to different parks, the majority of the gp visitors probably couldn't even name you 3 CF parks anyway. To them this is a ride they may have seen advertised somewhere and thought how cool it would be to ride one. Now that their park close to home is getting one they can go ride it. Also SF was good at cloning everything imaginable and it seems to have worked out just fine.

^Doubt that. AFX serves multiple purposes, including a Haunt Attraction and for training sessions. If anything, they will remodel it but I even believe that to be scarcely plausible...

On the topic of Fast Passes: Please no. I for one strongly oppose it. The reason they are so reluctant to implement a new system is the hastle. Training, equipment, maintainence and most importantly guest's responses. You know how much of a hastle it is to *fairly* put 3, 5, 8 Flash Passers into a train? No. It causes a flipping riot. Think about how many complaints the parks with Flash Passes get compared to those without. I imagine it's tremendous.

I'm amazed that KD's El Dorado has rabid fans (from KD's Facebook page):

Sell El Dorado = lose a pass member. it is that simple

Yes, the removal of El Dorado would be very distressing for all fans of boring rides with maintenance issues.

Edited by cfc

I saw on KD's Facebook page that people were renewing their season passes because of the new additions next year... I mean seriously!? There are other great rides they can enjoy while they are there

When a cat sits at your first floor landing, and you put catnip at the top of the stairs, the cat will go to get their fix.

You fill in the blanks.

http://news.webshots.com/photo/1432224248070495517gVEjDy

http://news.webshots.com/photo/1432226879070495517pdXkpC

http://news.webshots.com/photo/2789089500070495517ArkRzN

Look, many many trees LMAO

Yes, there was a time when KD had more of a traditional park feel, and not some Paramount/CF corporate feel.

Have they really cut down a lot of trees over the years? I've always considered KD as the park buried in a forest.

And I figure the animation has so many trees just so they wouldn't take time to model any more of the rides. It's probably to give the height of the ride more definition.

I actually don't see Old Virginia as very shady anymore either. Around the log flume/White Water Canyon, sure, but they tore down so many trees to build Wayne's World and the go-kart track. I'm glad they've not added much to that section of the park though. I thought the animation was funny because it made KD look like if Knoebels had big thrill rides. Did they make Carowinds have lots of trees too?

I'm amazed that KD's El Dorado has rabid fans (from KD's Facebook page):

Sell El Dorado = lose a pass member. it is that simple

Yes, the removal of El Dorado would be very distressing for all fans of boring rides with maintenance issues.

Yeah,ED is a sleeper,not a keeper.

Was at the park yesterday & lines weren't too bad...I did notice on acouple of the oversize maps near the restrooms that they now have pics of windseeker on them so this pretty much confirms it.Arghh my head is still killing me this afternoon,but that's what I get for letting my GF drag me on volcano last night.

Anyone know why rebel yell north wasn't running?they had both trains on line but had the queue chained off rather than blocked by a trashcan & that's odd.

^ Staffing maybe? When I went this weekend two years ago it was closed too.

I dunno,I've never seen the queue chained up like that before plus leaving trains on track rather than moving at least one offline & onto storage.

Your description makes what the other poster said make perfect sense. They were probably running it during the day then at some point do to employees taking lunch break and/or going home ran out of employees to run both sides. Also probably next week they will have one side shut down for the rest of the year anyway, they do every year because of staffing during school.

By the way, when did they add this game in front of Anaconda? I love the fact a park finally added this:

2.jpg.85620a8a14b34badc39ad59aa0a74401.jpg

And on a side note, while walking to Dominator this evening I heard the real song but I immediately had in my head this version :