TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I wonder what page in the employee's manual the " What to do in the event of an earthquake" section was?

None exists... Logic just shouts "Ground is shaking... Shut the ride down!"

They have to evacuate the rides though - an earthquake could mess with a ride's foundation, making it unstable and unsafe.

^ Well, that was certainly a decent thing for the park to do. I wonder what page in the employee's manual the " What to do in the event of an earthquake" section was?

What's crazy is that in spite of that, people were complaining on their Facebook page that they wanted a refund. A REFUND! Seriously?!

They basically gave them a free ticket, what more could they want.

I know parks will give out return tickets sometimes when things like weather force them to close early but they didn't. They stayed open until their advertised closing time! Sure some rides didn't reopen but they got as many rides up as quickly as they could. Just another case of people wanting something for nothing.

^ I expect nothing less on a Facebook fan page.

The comments on KD's are always good for a laugh! Hurler is apparently several people's "joint." While Dominator "suxxx." And Intimidator 305 is "the ish."

I have no clue at all why the GP thinks Dominator sucks. It's the 2nd best ride there in my opinion. You would think the GP would love it because OMFG DEH LOOPZ.

Well Dominator has gotten a bit rougher over the past three years so I can understand their point.

Let's get back to speculating on what may be coming for 2012 shall we? My vote (and hope) is for a windseeker.

I personally think Dinosaurs Alive will be the only addition to KD this year. I see a flat coming to the park in 2013 which might be a windseeker. I don't see KD adding both in 2012.

Maybe they will follow Cedar Point this year and add DA and a minor upgrade to the waterpark.

^Well supposedly Cedar Fair ordered four more Windseekers and one of theme is going to Carowinds, that leaves three.

KD, WoF, and Dorney will most likely get one. Valleyfair and CGA have height limits.

Dorney's getting invertigo from CGA so they're ruled out & from what I'd read it was three total that were purchased so with carowinds getting one that still leaves two more....hopefully one of those two is going to KD.

^Well supposedly Cedar Fair ordered four more Windseekers and one of theme is going to Carowinds, that leaves three.

KD, WoF, and Dorney will most likely get one. Valleyfair and CGA have height limits.

That seems to be the most logical, but could Michigan's Adventure get one. I mean it seems like the perfect ride for that park.

Dorney's getting invertigo from CGA so they're ruled out & from what I'd read it was three total that were purchased so with carowinds getting one that still leaves two more....hopefully one of those two is going to KD.

Thats true. Dorney may get one in 2013. WoF and KD are the most logical decisions.