TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Why would we get an Intamin mega-lite? Intimidator 305 is basically a Intamin mega-lite on steroids... he was just joking because Wonderland is getting Leviathan when they already have Behemoth and that would be like the opposite of KD getting a mega-lite when they already have 305.

Am I only the one who recognized this as sarcasm?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one!

That's for sure! And there are a lot of extenuating circumstances that can affect our opinions. When I rode El Toro, it was rough as hell. So it's not as high up on my list as it is for most other people. I'm sure if I went back and got a smoother ride, that might change.

El Toro definitely isn't rough. If you want rough, head next door to Rolling Thunder.

In 10 years from now though if/when KD is due for a smaller family coaster, I wouldn't be disappointed at all if they went with a mega lite. Just sayin'

El Toro definitely isn't rough. If you want rough, head next door to Rolling Thunder.

In 10 years from now though if/when KD is due for a smaller family coaster, I wouldn't be disappointed at all if they went with a mega lite. Just sayin'

One of the THBS/Pandamonium spinners would be a good addition to PS or kidzville & would be somewhat thrilling enough to satisfy the older crowd but of course we'll be lucky to get a windseeker for 2012 & I'm beginning to have my doubts about getting even that right now.

If we do get a new family coaster in the next 2-3 years, I would expect a new family ride to be put into Planet Snoopy... Our PS is the worst section of a park I've ever seen! Sorry KD, I have to admit it...

The problem there is where in the current footprint of the PS area could such a ride be placed? Of course SSD could be removed & you'd have more room there to put such a ride in so as to compliment flying ace & give that area a much needed boost.When I went to carowinds earlier this month I was suprised with the look & f eel of their PS area as compared to ours....it's as though CF & KD didn't really put all that much effort into it at all.

Perhaps we'll see an announcement of some sort by labor day weekend? I'll be going to the park again that saturday(hopefully with a better forecast than last week's visit) & plan to get my pass renewed as well.....is anyone else planning to go that day?

Speaking of PS, is there any reason why CF didn't bother to include renovating Kidzville during the addition? It would have seemed to have made more sense to update that part of the kid's area with some fresh paint and some new names, at the very least.

Valleyfair isn't up for sale anymore. It might be because it's my home park, but I don't get why you think "nobody" cares about it. VF has a website with dedicated fans that enjoy and appreciate VF. It may not be the best park in the world, but it's a great family park. Anyway, they spent $9 million on Planet Snoopy with a ton of new rides. Who cares if we got a used roller coaster for the kids that probably don't pay attention anything like how new it is. It looks great and Planet Snoopy has boosted the attendance at the park by a ton! Besides, It was part of the steps to clean up the park. New roller coaster 2013? I think so! We probably won't get a Windseeker because most of the park has a 300 ft Limit.

Sorry about my rant. I agree that King's Dominion will probably get a Windseeker.

Didn't Valleyfair get Dorney's Dragon Coaster for this year?^

Either way I agree VF is unlikely to get a Windseeker. Not only does no one really care about this park, there're rumors still floating around Cedarfair might sell the place.

So, I was just watching the Weather Channel to see the track of Hurricane Irene and saw a breaking news story about Richmond, VA being hit with a 5.2 magnitude Earthquake?? Anyone know any more, if King's Dominion was affected or not? That would be pretty scary happening while on the top of I305 or the Observation Tower.

Edit: Guess it was a 5.9 magnitude.

Edited by KrakenKing