TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^We're getting Dinosaurs Alive. Steve has basically confirmed that.

And I'd say they're saving capital around the chain to spend it on Leviathan, and hopefully still an Intamin giga for Knott's.

While Steve may have confirmed that he didn't say we weren't getting a ride as well.

If we get Dinosaurs Alive, next year will be the first year in three years I don't go to KD and will for sure go to BGW instead.

That doesn't seem like a reason NOT to go. It is an addition, there are still all the great rides there. This year we didn't get anything new but you still went. We aren't loosing anything, there is only to gain.

I still think KD will add something besides Dinosaurs Alive! since they only got Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular (which is also a family walk-through attraction) this year... Hopefully the rumored 3 Windseekers CF bought comes out to be true or they finally just take a year and money to fix up KidZville and convert the rest to Planet Snoopy.

I still think KD will add something besides Dinosaurs Alive! since they only got Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular (which is also a family walk-through attraction) this year... Hopefully the rumored 3 Windseekers CF bought comes out to be true or they finally just take a year and money to fix up KidZville and convert the rest to Planet Snoopy.

I should hope so.

The only parks remaining for coasters are Dorney with CGA's invertigo & I believe VF is rumored to get one of Dorney's kidde coasters that's being removed to make way for the project.KI I think will take a break coasterwise again as there hasn't been any activity like we saw at CWL with their new giga so that leaves Carowinds,WOF & KD as the remaining major parks on the list for additions.

Oh my gosh! I just found out that CW is getting a giga that is 1 foot taller 305, did you have to Cedar Fair??? 1 foot! Oh welll now 305 will always be overshadowed.

I'm not complaining because it's in Canada & not the continental USA.

Now I will be complaining however if all we end up getting is that DA thing.

It's not Cedar Fair "protecting" or anything (If it were, why would they find it necessary to protect i305 when it wasn't a record-breaker in the first place?) because at East Coast Bash 2010 John Pagel said that it was Intamin who made the design to be 305ft, and that it was 305ft before they even ordered it.

Plus a B&M Giga and i305 are completely different experiences.

Since Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular was added this year for "Families", I'd bet a Major Thrill Attraction for 2012 based on the KD Formula

Major Thrill Ride

Family/ Kids Ride

Could be,granted that was the paramount parks strategy although CF has seemed to follow it too.

Still while SSS is geared toward families it's not necessarily a tangible attraction like say a ride installtion would've been in PS/kidzville so they may choose to add yet another thing for the kids/family in 2012 but of course they could add something for the thrillseekers too...they did just a decade ago with ricochet/TS which turned out to be a rather winning formula in my book as both of those rides provide a thrill but are still mild enough for kids/families to enjoy together.