TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I don't want Windseeker either. I think that'd fit better at Carowinds. KD should get a few smaller flats instead of one big one.

If we do get a windseeker just be lucky we're getting it as it could be worse,we could be like MIA who in all likelyhood isn't getting a thing for 2012.

I remember years ago (30 plus) KD having lots of flats and non coaster rides. Over the years most of them have disappeared, never to be replaced. This an area that could be addressed, mostly with some more intense flats for teens and older people.

I don't want Windseeker either. I think that'd fit better at Carowinds. KD should get a few smaller flats instead of one big one.

If we do get a windseeker just be lucky we're getting it as it could be worse,we could be like MIA who in all likelyhood isn't getting a thing for 2012.

Well, I'd prefer the SkyScreamers like the Six Flags parks got to the Windseekers. A bit more thrilling looking. Of course, no matter what it is, a new ride is good I suppose.

I would love a Windseeker at KD, and I think it would fit the park well (especially since our Drop Tower doesn't spin). Just think at how they could market the ride, "a swing ride nearly the height of Drop Tower and Intimidator 305".

I hope we do get a Windseeker for 2012, so call me crazy!

By my own and friends' past experiences, the crowds are definitely light after Labor Day until Halloween Haunt, which doesn't begin until September 30th this year. I don't even think a lot of people even know KD is open between Labor Day and Halloween Haunt. Keep in mind though, KD isn't open every Saturday and Sunday because they rent out the park to companies during this time. They are only open September 10th, 11th, and 25th. The are "closed" the 17th, 18th, and 25th for the private functions this year.

Well, I'd prefer the SkyScreamers like the Six Flags parks got to the Windseekers. A bit more thrilling looking. Of course, no matter what it is, a new ride is good I suppose.

I'd prefer a windseeker to that...of course what I'd really like to see at the park is a nice shiny new B&M invert after riding Afterburn at carowinds last week.

Anyone know what the weather at the park is gonna be like saturday?I plan to take my GF down to KD & hope not to have to reschedule the trip on account of rain.

on the subject of flats, i miss Apple Turnover the most. that was the first thrill ride / upside down ride i wasn't too chicken to ride, and i rode it over and over and over and over and over.

oh also i noticed on my most recent visit that the kiddie swing ride (shaped like a tree, near the park ranger jeeps that revolve around a giant hat) has been dismantled. that's a shame, i believe it's one of the park's oldest rides. however, i do understand why. my daughter is 3 years old and small for her age, and even she had trouble not dragging her feet on the ground while it was running. i guess it was sagging or the chains were getting stretched out or something, because i don't remember having that problem when i used to ride it so long ago.

Come kick off Haunt XI by helping Kings Dominion SHATTER the World Record for Largest Gathering of People as.....VAMPIRES!!

The current record of 354 people is held by the Loveland Road Runners of Northern Colorado. But this year....we expect to take the title!

Gates will open at 6:30p for FULLY DRESSED Vampires and the official count will begin at 7:30p.

(FULLY DRESSED Vampires will also get regular general admission for only $19.99)

To be considered a FULLY DRESSED Vampire, you must wear--

ALL:

-Your own costume (no sharing)

MEN:

-Black cape

-Black trousers

-White shirt

-Waistcoat

-Neck frill or neck tie

-Black shoes

-Vampire teeth

WOMEN:

-Black and red coloured dress

-Dark eyes make up

-Red lips

-Vampire teeth

-Black shoes

Haunt XI....all you fear is here....

on the subject of flats, i miss Apple Turnover the most. that was the first thrill ride / upside down ride i wasn't too chicken to ride, and i rode it over and over and over and over and over.

oh also i noticed on my most recent visit that the kiddie swing ride (shaped like a tree, near the park ranger jeeps that revolve around a giant hat) has been dismantled. that's a shame, i believe it's one of the park's oldest rides. however, i do understand why. my daughter is 3 years old and small for her age, and even she had trouble not dragging her feet on the ground while it was running. i guess it was sagging or the chains were getting stretched out or something, because i don't remember having that problem when i used to ride it so long ago.

I so miss AT because I never got to ride it & always chickened out but I did ride carowinds enterprise last week so that kinda makes up for it I guess.I wonder what they can put in place of the tree swings for the kids? I too have noticed that it appears they're taking it out so we'll have to wait & see.