TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great Coasters and Knight Valley Partner for Major Woodie

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save up for a new camera... plane ticket to china... crap.

I can't wait to see the rest of the drop completed, that thing is going to build up a ton of speed. I wish they built more terrain coasters like this in the States, I would travel across the country for a ride like this... but China's just too damn far.

The layout looks like something I would make in RCT...you know, one of those rides that you start building and run out of money but you have this great vision in your head so you start stripping the rest of your park for cash so you can pay for more track...totally insane!!!

I love the Chinese!

• 3 weeks later...
^I hope they're working on Flying Turns and NOT surfing the internet!

I was trying to find the 'like button' to like your post lol. Seriously TPR needs like buttons!

But anyways about the GCI, wow it looks amazing! I'm kinda confused on this new element. If it is GCI's version of the high five thing than they have to time the trains right to make it work. And also is it just me or does it seem like this has been taking forever to be built?

^I think it's just a coincidence that it looks like the high five element. This ride isn't going to have a midcourse brake run, so there's no way they could have two trains on the course at the same time to pull it off. And I think the ride is taking forever because it's a MASSIVE project. The thing is on the side of a mountain, it's not like it's a concrete pad a la Terminator or Evel Knievel.

I'm kinda confused on this new element. If it is GCI's version of the high five thing than they have to time the trains right to make it work.

The track on the right side (which I think is the turn coming off the second hill before the first giant dead-man's turn) crosses over the track to the left. If you look, you can see that the one on the left flattens while the one on the right keeps curving upwards (err, downwards, as the train should be going).

Considering the fact that this picture was taken from the top of the lift hill, and the rest of the track is significantly below this picture, I have a feeling that this coaster is going to absolutely haul through its course. As much fun as all the other coasters look, this one is prolly the main reason I want to go the China trip.