TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great Coasters and Knight Valley Partner for Major Woodie

Wow! This s like a come to life "OMG I wish GCI would build this crazy ass long terrain coaster with tons of speed, drops and airtime, and maybe a unique feater..."

Now, let's see if "I wish some insane Intamin hyper coaster Bizarro/EGF/Balder combination would be built!" will work!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wanting GCI to do something this for a long time (not that their current coasters aren't amazing...I just want something even bigger than Troy), so glad it's finally happening! The fact that it's in China makes it a little more difficult to get to but I'll ride it eventually.

I also am very impressed by this new coaster, it just sucks that its in China.

What i am more impressed with however, is i think this is the first coaster to be released on TPR with all positive reviews and not one person so far saying how much this sucks and its not nearly as good as the (insert best coaster at home park here).

^^^I was almost thinking about actual roller coasters until I read it out loud. That was great.

^^I'm pretty sure we all agree it's going to fall well short of GCI's mark they set with Prowler.

But nonetheless, this looks incredible, though I must admit I was quite disappointed when this was announced to be on the other side of the globe. I've always wanted to see how GCI would take their style and extrapolate it out to 4,000+ feet, and this looks like a sufficient result. And the terrain is just fantastic, especially that first drop(s) and that (final?) turnaround that is carved into the side of the cliff/hill. So cool.

Why does it always has to be China who gets the best coasters for the last couple of years??

In Europe we are definitely in need of some great new rollercoasters NOW!!

Cry me a river would you! Come to Australia & see how deprived we are over here! Plus we're about as far away from quality coasters in the world as you can get! TPR are considering a trip down under....I sure hope it is for the beaches & not for the coasters!

Having had my whinge for the day, this coaster looks like a rip-snorter!

And that gag about Chinese woodies, intended or not, cracked me up!

Having had my whinge for the day, this coaster looks like a rip-snorter!

Can you translate that for me?

Which part?

Whinge: A Bitch, A Moan.

Rip Snorter ( Australiann Slang at it's finest ) Great, Fantastic, Excellent. Five Stars. ie That coaster is a rip snorter

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.rcdb.com/9038.htm

Looks like the park will also be opening China's Second Maurer Sky Loop of the year in 2010 and a LSM X-Car in 2011 to boot.

Along with the S&S launched coaster at happy valley Shenzen is getting busy.

From a quick look around their site the setting of this park is just stunning. They have a Horseshoe walk like at the Grandcanyon and one of the most beautiful hotels I've seen in a long time.

Kind of a bummer that Shenzhen is getting all of this. I've now visited quite a few cities in China and felt that Shenzhen just had a really bad unsafe vibe to it compared to the rest. Also, didn't seem to have quite as much interesting stuff and culture. I guess now we'll have to go back and give it another try!

I've now visited quite a few cities in China and felt that Shenzhen just had a really bad unsafe vibe to it compared to the rest. Also, didn't seem to have quite as much interesting stuff and culture.

Is that the city where we stayed across the street from the train station?? Same "city" where Bob had his "incident" on the Alpine slide?

If so, I really do agree with Elissa.