TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2010 Winter Olympics

SharkTums

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ There's always Curling, Joe. Or as I like to call it, shuffleboard on ice.

of course, I mean realistically there aren't many winter sports a normal person couldn't do, and at least Curling requires absolutely no physical fitness!

You should try it first before you make a statement like that!

^ There's always Curling, Joe. Or as I like to call it, shuffleboard on ice.

of course, I mean realistically there aren't many winter sports a normal person couldn't do, and at least Curling requires absolutely no physical fitness!

I agree..

I've actually been curling before. And while I really enjoyed it, the phsyical exertion in curling is equal to that of cleaning my hardwood floors. Seriously. So if olympic curlers are gonna be considered "world class athletes," then so are these people.

Again, don't get me wrong. The game is still really enjoyable, but not what I'd call physically demanding....in any way.

I think Canada is going to win it all in Men's hockey. They have the whole NHL All-Star team and are leading 6-0 right now.

Andrew "Rooting for USA (My Avatar)" Iorio

Yeah, but they played Norway today. Not exactly a powerhouse in the world of ice hockey. I'm going to reserve judgement on a Canadian team with great potential until they play a real opponent.

Canada's curling teams pulled through against some tough opponents today. Kevin Martin looks strong as always and should be competitve to defend Canada's gold in men's curling.

Yes, curling is a sport we take seriously up here. Hurry hard and whatnot.

Anytime. I'll ask my doctor if he thinks I should add curling to my workout regimen. I imagine that sweeping is comparable to legging out an infield single.

And you would probably suck at it due to your crappy form due to you not being an olympic athlete.

^I think the argument that he's making is that it doesn't require much athletic ability, not that it requires no skill. It's pretty much like calling someone really good at chess an athlete, sure it's hard, but you're not gonna have to go through grueling physical training to get to that point.

^I think the argument that he's making is that it doesn't require much athletic ability, not that it requires no skill. It's pretty much like calling someone really good at chess an athlete, sure it's hard, but you're not gonna have to go through grueling physical training to get to that point.

Exactly. And I'm saying that maybe you need to be really strong to be able to do everything perfectly. You don't have to lift something really heavy or go really fast for being strong to play a role in how well you can do something...

And you would probably suck at it due to your crappy form due to you not being an olympic athlete.

I think I could handle the form, despite the fact I generally choose to be lazy, I can do almost anything skill-wise if I apply myself. Not sure how quick I could get the "be an asshole" attribute down though!

Remember, this all started because I said it doesn't require you to be fit, not that there isn't skill involved. I don't think this is a sport where a doctor wouldn't let you play if, say, you had a heart condition (ie, in the context of winter sports, hockey or skiing etc)

Anyways I didn't watch anything last night, glad to hear the US won, though some of the analysts weren't too impressed with their play. I'd love to knock off Canada as revenge for the 02 final