TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

top 10 coasters poll

http://www.latimes.com/travel/destinations/la-tr-top-10-steel-coaster-27jan2010-poll,0,5660330,post.poll

IMO tatsu needs to pick up a lot of ground here.

EDIT: cedar point (being the b*tches they are) had to post a link on facebook telling everyone to vote for MF, it used to have 3611 votes, but now it has 18839 votes, and is in 1st place. this engrages me!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: cedar point (being the b*tches they are) had to post a link on facebook telling everyone to vote for MF, it used to have 3611 votes, but now it has 18839 votes, and is in 1st place. this engrages me!
While I hate it when parks advertise their fans to vote for their coaster in a poll, I don't think it really matters how this poll turns out as I'm pretty sure most people who voted in this poll haven't ridden all the coasters on the list. And besides, it's not nearly as bad as what La Ronde did with the Tournament of Thrills where they had the computers outside Le Monstre's exit so people who just got off could vote for it.

^^^

GP is general public, it's kind of a stereotype, but they tend to say stupid things like "OMG mean streak iz the best coaster evar!!!" (I just saw someone post that on facebook...)

Edited by Em-Z

http://www.latimes.com/travel/destinations/la-tr-top-10-steel-coaster-27jan2010-poll,0,5660330,post.poll

IMO tatsu needs to pick up a lot of ground here.

Really dude? You're 13. You probably haven't even remotely had enough basis built for your own opinion on the park other than what other people have said, and not only that, you're going to call them names for trying to create favorable results for one of their rides? It's called creating excitement. Maybe if any Six Flags on the face of the Earth were capable of that, their properties wouldn't be dropping faster than the Dow Jones.

Six Flags also posted a link on their Twitter page wanting people to vote for Bizarro. They even gave $10 iTunes cards to some people who re tweeted their message.

It's a tight race so we're doing this again! We can win this one! Vote and ReTweet the last status and I'll pick 2 winners for $10 iTunes GC

Really dude!? Really? Fanboy remarks are one thing, but writing that is just not cool. Tony Clark and/or Tyler Adems, the people who posted that facebook link, are not b******s. And neither are the vast majority of the others that represent the park.

This is actually a reasonable poll. It's based off of quality instead of height, speed of size like quite a few polls are. I voted for Diamondback. Haven't been several of the rides in the poll, but I'd at least put it ahead of Griffon, Goliath (very close though), Apollo, Montu and Milliennium.

Yeah don't blame Cedar Point, blame crazy Ohio Fan Boys!!!!

We need a fan boy-off. But there are rules. No one over the age of 15, they must either be fans of ONE coaster or ONE park and NOTHING else. They cannot even remotely like any other park or coaster that is not the one that they are obsessed with. They must give the coaster a silly, childish nickname like "Millie" or "Termy" and never refer to it by any other name. And they must also refer to the coaster as if it were an actual person.

Who would win this clash of the fan boy titans?

Top 10 steel roller coasters in the U.S.

Vote for your favorite among the Top 10...

(Results not scientific)

Really???

For the record, having been on all but one of them, I have to say that Bizarro is head and shoulders above the rest. Not to mention, only two of them are even in my top 10 US coasters. ...Bizarro #1 and MF #7, with Montu coming in 3rd at #11.