TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's MASSIVE Europe Photo Update!

Wow, some hot bathroom graffiti in Holland. Where's my cell phone? I hope it says something good!

This was in the guys bathroom, right? Now use your brain a little and you'll realize that you prolly DON'T want to call that number!

But interesting that it is in german...

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don´t understand why you guys think that Goliath is such a great rollercoaster. I´ve done Goliarh many, many times and my opinion is the same since the first dayI rode Goliath: A good and fun coaster, but I know better! The Stengeldive and last turn are great. But coasters like Batman: La Fuga, Colossos & Space Mountain are better.

Thanks for this fun update Robb & Elisa!

^ I don't know what to tell you other than it's all based on personal opinion and I am not 'wrong' for thinking Goliath is one of the best in the world. I've been on nearly 800 different coaster all over the world and while Goliath might not be the best I've ridden, it's certainly in the top 20 or so.

Whereas I wouldn't put the condition that Space Mountain operates currently in my top 100. Now when I first rode Space Mountain back in 1995 it was in my top 10. But not anymore.

Unlike Goliath, Space Mountain does NOT ride just like it does opening day, and I wish it did.

--Robb "I know better too!" Alvey

Don't bring up Space Mountain, I might actually start crying =(

They raped that thing of all its uniqueness and now its just a spangly Vekoma in a hole with a Casio keyboard soundtrack.

Cool new trip report.

Where you complained about the 'Express' ride though, isn't there a load of newspaper company office theming in the queue?

I assume that's just the best way they could tie that into the name without the Superman reference- some sort of express newspaper delivery or whatever.

Cerb- I'd have called it "Rock'n'Roller coasting starring Superman" -erus

I never said that you are ´wrong´. I just told you that I really don´t understand why you guys think Goliath is such a great coaster. Don´t get me wrong, it is a good and fun coaster or else I wouldn´t ride it so many times [ Walibi World is my home park ]. But as told before I really do no better coasters like Colossos @ Heide Park and some Disney rollercoaster. [ What´s your opinion about Colossos & Batman: La Fuga @ WBMWM ? ].

In your post you said:

Unlike Goliath, Space Mountain does NOT ride just like it does opening day, and I wish it did.

Before I make a start, I´m not trying to be the ´guy who thinks he knows everything´! SM isn´t about the coaster, also about the story offcourse. I know isn´t the same as the first year but still a great coaster ... I you ask me. I only visit DLRP once a year, so a discussion is impossible.

About Goliath ... I think I know what I´m saying with 20 visits a year. What you say is not right. Goliath doesn´t ride like the openingday. The green train vibrates a little bit and the top speed really wont go above just 100 anymore. but again, still a good coaster.

Can you explain to me what it is that makes the Goliath such a great coaster, atleast in your personal opinion?

Nothing above was personal

^ Oh, I understand. But also know that when I say 'it rides like it does opening day' I mean more in general, not in detail. Yeah, I noticed a little bit more of the Intamin rattle too. But it certainly rides a lot more like it did in 2002 than, let's say Space Mountain as the example used, X at SFMM, Cheetah, etc, etc....

4 seasons later it's just a fun as it was the year it opened. I can't say the same for many, many other coasters out there.

And what makes it a great coaster? It's just so re-ridable and fun. It's got GREAT airtime and it's a ride that no matter where you are on the train, you can just throw your arms up the whole ride and have fun. You don't have to worry about bashing your head, rough transitions, etc. It's a no hassle, no worry coaster and it's ALL about fun and plenty of it.

It also sounds like you suffer from the 'been on it too many damn times' syndrome. We go through the same thing here with SFMM.

--Robb "I would love to have that problem!" Alvey

^ Ever since I first saw that retro-70s Troika sign at Cedar Point, every time I see one it's called "Troika, Troika Troika" (said outloud three times no matter what!!!)

I'm both pleased and frightened that someone else can relate!

--Robb "Just one of those quirky little theme park things!" Alvey

^ Ever since I first saw that retro-70s Troika sign at Cedar Point, every time I see one it's called "Troika, Troika Troika" (said outloud three times no matter what!!!)

I'm both pleased and frightened that someone else can relate!

--Robb "Just one of those quirky little theme park things!" Alvey

See there is a little bit of Cear Point Fanboy in you afterall Robb!

To CP regulars it has always been Troika Troika Troika!

I miss it in it's old location next to Chaos and the lagoon, but I can deal with what is there now.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/europe2005/europe2005.htm

Farup Sommerland Photos Added! Highlights of this update include:

- Link to our Farup Sommerland Video

- The REAL reason we love Denmark!

- The obstacle course!!!

- Joey Versus The Broccoli.

- Oh, yeah, and tons and tons of photos of Falken, the parks kick ass wooden coaster!

Enjoy todays installment!

--Robb

Another great update guys!

Farup Sommerland looks like a better park than Walibi World.(excluding the fact that Walibi World has Goliath).

Falken looks like a really fun coaster. That ending upward helix is different looking!

The survival course looks interesting. The monkey bars over water!? That will never happen in America!

The bouncy things, trampolines, and slides look fun. I love the part in the video with Joey and the broccoli! It's so funny.

I'm looking forward to the next update!

Antonio"I was looking for a pic of the spinning freefall kiddy ride thingy!"G.