TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Great report. I loved the line about the terrible flyers. Revolution really does suck monkey balls and the seats are ridiculously small on the outsides. I'm jealous of the crab fries, shandy and Thunder Creek mountain pictures. Demon Drop and Thunder Creek Mountain are literally the only things that park has going for it.

Thunderhawks pain job is really nice.

Freudian Slip?

It says there's a savings online so I imagine it's a few dollars more. Dunkin Donuts has coupons which probably bring it down to the same price you'd pay online anyway. They do have an "Everyone Pays Kids Price" promotion going on now but you have to visit by Labor Day.

That being said I don't recommend anyone spend any actual money to visit Dorney. It's better to just use a Cedar Fair pass that you bought at another park.

I got curious so I watched a

of Thunder Creek Mountain. I've never seen a log flume hit a turn with so much speed as this one does after the big drop.

I also think it's the first time I've seen a multi-angled lift hill...

of Thunder Creek Mountain. I've never seen a log flume hit a turn with so much speed as this one does after the big drop.

Wow! Honestly it never does that. That log must have been packed full of people to make it turn and flip to the side that violently.

It says there's a savings online so I imagine it's a few dollars more. Dunkin Donuts has coupons which probably bring it down to the same price you'd pay online anyway. They do have an "Everyone Pays Kids Price" promotion going on now but you have to visit by Labor Day.

That being said I don't recommend anyone spend any actual money to visit Dorney. It's better to just use a Cedar Fair pass that you bought at another park.

Well, Dorney is the closest Cedar Fair park to me, so that's where I bought my Cedar Fair Platinum Pass.

Having spent a ton of time in and around that ride last season, yeah it rarely does that. If the boat has a full family of 4, and the parents are on the heavy side, it'll do that. The ride is from the 80's, people weren't so... large back then.

Wait, so the parking lot is full especially on weekends (in the past late August was the worst time to go with tons of families cramming in their last minute vacations, trips, etc. before the kids go back to school, mostly the people from out of the area who wouldn't travel to DP in Sept. or October) but the coasters are empty? What are all those tons of people riding? Do most go to the water park during the day? Also, the inner city crowd seems to disappear after Labor Day, the Haunt is mostly locals but it can get busy if the weather isn't bad. Rain and cold will keep people away.

Wait, so the parking lot is full especially on weekends (in the past late August was the worst time to go with tons of families cramming in their last minute vacations, trips, etc. before the kids go back to school, mostly the people from out of the area who wouldn't travel to DP in Sept. or October) but the coasters are empty? What are all those tons of people riding? Do most go to the water park during the day? Also, the inner city crowd seems to disappear after Labor Day, the Haunt is mostly locals but it can get busy if the weather isn't bad. Rain and cold will keep people away.

Yes, most people go to Dorney for the water park.

DP also has the restrictions the community puts on its park (noise and height).

I wonder with DP building the new catering area, if they will eventually remove all or some of the old catering area? That could allow them to expand and put rides into that front area of the park.

Have they done anything with the land they purchased back in 2011? Being so isolated, I don't see that being other than additional parking if they need to take parking lot area from the front to expand. I don't see them taking parking lot to expand the park side, but I could definitely see where they could take some parking and expand WWK.

but the wheels are in motion to open up a portion of the park for the Winter Holidays. If Batman can run in 30 degree temps, then why not Talon?

Mike Fenhel is never going to tell you anything again.

Also is rwk ^^^^^ asking and then answering his own questions? What is happening there?

Mr. Fehnel hasn't said a word to me. Came from one six year old to another and surprised me when he said it. Being a former employee (6 years in the late 90s and early 00s) left me a fan boy for life. I know about the other Cedarfair parks getting the Holiday reboot so either the kid is misconstruing something he heard or its on the way.