TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I am still perplexed as to the cost-benefit of this whole deal.

CP is probably spending a few mil to get the ride moved and re-installed. Demon Drop is a very elderly ride with a slim number of good years left. Perhaps 5, but definitely not 10. Wouldn't it have made better sense to put that same money into a brand new flat that is going to last? And is DD really going to be that big of a draw to the GP?

But I guess a "new" ride is better than no ride at all.

CP is probably spending a few mil to get the ride moved and re-installed. Demon Drop is a very elderly ride with a slim number of good years left. Perhaps 5, but definitely not 10. Wouldn't it have made better sense to put that same money into a brand new flat that is going to last? And is DD really going to be that big of a draw to the GP?

It all depends what the "refurbishment" includes. New braking would make this a much smoother ride. Who know's maybe Intamin has something up thier sleeves for this one.

Perhaps it a last minute transport to say the park has a "new ride" before cedar fair goes under new management. Just a thought.

Even though DD is an old ride, I am glad to see that it's moving to Dorney. It will be a good addition to their ride collection and blend well with the atmosphere of the park (much, much more so than it would have had it gone to KBF). And although it's almost 30 years old, it's still an execellent ride, so I think it will certainly draw a fair crowd.

+1 to Demon Drop going to Dorney.

-50 to removing the only remaining gas-powered, tank-control bumper cars in a 250 mile radius, when they've got plenty of open space in the old Laser footprint.

Plus I'm trying to envision what else is going to have to come out to put DD in that area. Maybe a few restaurants, or table area, but also maybe the century-old duck/fish pond.

-50 to removing the only remaining gas-powered, tank-control bumper cars in a 250 mile radius, when they've got plenty of open space in the old Laser footprint.

Plus I'm trying to envision what else is going to have to come out to put DD in that area. Maybe a few restaurants, or table area, but also maybe the century-old duck/fish pond.

I'm probably reaching here, but maybe they have something else planned for Laser's old spot.

I certainly hope so, because even with Possessed down there, that section is still kinda empty.

Agreed, removing Krazy Kars is a horrible decision. Not only are they unique but Great Adventure's bumper cars are SBNO so now both parks no longer have bumper cars in operation.

I was hoping it would be installed where the Screaming Swing was, even if it meant removing the Wild Mouse too. The Wild Mouse has got to be one of the worst run I have seen thanks to their rules of no more than 2 adults per car, added seatbelts, a horrible loading station and usually only 4 or 5 cars running and is braked so heavily it hurts sometimes.

I'm sorry, but those so-called bumper cars were the worst thing at the park. I tend to be a traditionalist when it comes to Dorney, but really. I wouldn't mind them breaking out the old Lusse skooters again at some point. I think this is actually a fairly good move. It does take away from the area a little bit, as that was actually one last places in the park I enjoyed hanging out for a little bit, but I certainly think it is an upgrade.

I must agree with the wild mouse thing, longest wait in the park for what! Nothing worse than a long build up and no payoff! Demon Drop will be fine, alot of space at this park, maybe not, but there just feels to be alot from ride to ride, some more flats would make difference! Sorry, not a dorney thread, but just my op.

Its nice to see that this ride is being saved. How many more of these are left exactly? These rides might be old, but they still provide a very nice "old-school" thrill.

I believe this is the last operating in the United States.

I, for one, am not bothered by the Krazy Kars, I far prefer regular bumper cars over them. And agreeing with others, I also hate the Wild Mouse...worst ride and longest wait in the park. Let's hope now that they have something planned for the former Laser spot!