TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

CF is taking an educational approach. They're themimg it to Fyodor Dostoyevsky's novel, The Possessed, and theming the impulse to illustrate the range of criticisms Fyodor explores in the book regarding both ends of Imperialist Russia's political spectrum, swinging from left-wing to conservative. It really falls into place and is logical enough.

And BTW, "possessed" can indeed be a noun, as evidenced by the title of aforementioned book...

LOL, might as well call it Stalin's Screamer, or Russian Rampage. All I know is possessed is an okay name for a themed dark ride/coaster or a house! no an Intamin impulse. In mu opinion those are the hardest rides tp theme, and with cedar fair in charge, chances of theming is little to none.

Yes let us take a moment of silence for idiotic people...who think everything in this world is offensive. Lets just blame a blade of grass next!

hahahaha i was thinkin about that the other day.. people can basically take any name and say it "offends" them.

but anyways, i mean.. Possessed doesn't sound THAT bad. could be worse.

They could have just called it Demon like CGA's coaster. That one had to be toned down too, but not because of the name. The theming was too intense. I don't think Cedar Fair would have had that problem with extreme Devilish theming this coaster. There are just so many better names they could have chosen.

Wow, talk about old news... I can't believe this topic hasn't been posted before! When we went to the "goodbye Laser" event, all of the Voodoo merchandise was like 75% off. Also, at the park's Halloween event, there was a Voodoo grave marker amongst the others (Hercules, now Laser, etc). Voodoo's gift shop was called "Possessions", so I guess the new name for the ride works. They had to change the name because Six Flags owned the copyright for the name Voodoo. I just hope they don't change the logo or the sign outside the ride!!

Most talked about impulse in the world. Cedar Fair is gonna have to really outdo themselves next year to keep this coaster relevant. It's been built, renamed, moved, renamed and repainted, and then renamed again. I guess the next logical step is to steal from Six Flags' playbook and add fire machines, onboard audio, fog, and a viral marketing campaign following next season. There is absolutely no reason this simple impulse should not have its own new thread again next year.

If they called it Woohoo the makers of Yoohoo would probably sue them, the way WaWa did to HaHa years ago. Yes, that's mind-bogglingly stupid, but it happened.

Personally, I wish Cedar Fair would stick with Voodoo and spend some of our admission money to fight trademark abuse. I don't know what else useful they're doing with it. Certainly not hiring competent food service employees.

Why not call it Santeria? It's in keeping with the Mardi-Gras theme they have now, since it's basically just a combination of Voodoo and Catholicism.

Of course, there's all of the death curses and dolls, and candles and oh wait a second... Those who practice Voodoo already do that stuff as well.

Possessed is a good replacement name. Possessions could keep its name as the shop. I swore there was the tag line "It will Possess you" on one of the first Voodoo shirts so I held out on getting one. Finally at the merchandise clearance I got one of the white ones available still then. I will get the phrase airbrushed on the back.