TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I'm bummed they used the same station but, not surprised its Cedar Fair.

--Jay

Why waste money on a new station when the old one still works?

Goliath at SFFT appears to be using the same station from SFNO

Zoomerang at Alabama Adventure uses the station it had at Wonderland Sydney, so it's not just Cedar Fair.

--Jay

Zoomerang at Alabama Adventure uses the station it had at Wonderland Sydney, so it's not just Cedar Fair.

To have themeing.

--Jay

--Jay

To have themeing.

--Jay

Dorney is not a theme park, it is an amusement park. If a ride had some sort of theming other than a decorative sign at the entrance, it would not really fit in with the style of the park. Some find it bland and boring, but that is just how the park is set up, and how Cedar Fair pretty much operates their parks. If you want theming, go to a Busch park, a Disney park, or even a Six Flags park. A cool sign or logo is all of the theming that you are going to get from Dorney.

--Jay

To have themeing.

--Jay

Dorney is not a theme park, it is an amusement park. If a ride had some sort of theming other than a decorative sign at the entrance, it would not really fit in with the style of the park. Some find it bland and boring, but that is just how the park is set up, and how Cedar Fair pretty much operates their parks. If you want theming, go to a Busch park, a Disney park, or even a Six Flags park. A cool sign or logo is all of the theming that you are going to get from Dorney.

Thanks for telling me what a Themepark is. I know Cedar Fair doesn't do that stuff, I just think it would be nice if they themed the ride thats all.

--Jay

^ Dude, no need to get snippy. I am just saying that it is their niche to be an amusement park, not a theme park. It's just not their thing. If you don't like it, don't go to the park. Other parks have theming, Dorney and other Cedar Fair parks don't. Believe me, I wasn't trying to undermine your intelligence by "telling you what a theme park is." Get over yourself.

Eh. If you go during the week, even during the summer, crowds are still light. During Hydra's opening year, lines on Tuesday and Wednesday for the major rides were 10-15 minutes long at most. The crowds get hard to handle during the weekends, but a lot of people are usually in Wildwater Kingdom at that time. If you hit the park either in early May, or September, there are barely any crowds.

^ That's exactly why the park is so great, you can go knowing you'll have plenty of time for lots of rides and not worry about having to rush. I usually visit the park for 3 - 3 1/2 hours and average about 15 - 20 rides a day. My best record is 19 rides in 2 1/2 hours on a Friday night in May (would have been more if I didn't have to go through the empty line each time I wanted to ride a coaster, but it's better than waiting in a line).

Eh. If you go during the week, even during the summer, crowds are still light. During Hydra's opening year, lines on Tuesday and Wednesday for the major rides were 10-15 minutes long at most. The crowds get hard to handle during the weekends, but a lot of people are usually in Wildwater Kingdom at that time. If you hit the park either in early May, or September, there are barely any crowds.

Yeah the park is always dead during the week, I had some solo rides in June on Hydra, Thunderhawk and Laser. In 20 trips last season, I think my longest wait was 20 minutes for Talon once (and 90%+ of the time it was a walk on).

I also agree about September, too bad there are I think 5 buyout days in September this year so those middle weekends where the park was dead, are gone with.

Even Halloweekends on Sunday was empty every week this past year but with the Haunt, that might change I guess.

If it wasn't for the Wild Mouse and their policies of seatbelts and 2 adults per car, I don't think any coaster in the park would average over 10 minutes over the course of the season even with weekends factored in.

Dang, Voodoo REALLY fits in with DP's skyline! I'm hoping for a 2008 trip. This should definitely bring in a lot of crowds, but sadly, this will probably mean rather long lines for the low capacity of shuttle coasters.

I'm only worried about it affecting Laser's line. It always has bad capacity with around a 5 minute cycle because of the seatbelts added last year and usually 1 person checking lap bars, and with it so close to Voodoo, it will probably make the line worse. I just hope they run 2 trains on Laser more often this year as I have never seen that before.

Thunderhawk doesn't really get long lines. When I went 2 years ago on average the line would be in the station.

I would expect Steel Force to have the longest line since it's the tallest and most visable ride. I think I had to wait 5 to 10 mins and the line was just outside the station.

Talon was fast and it was right before the park closed. The front row was a walk-on.

Hydra had a short line. Walk on for the front row.

Voodoo should porbably take some waiting time out of those ridessince it's tall.

During the week unless you go in the spring or fall, then lines won't be too bad on a weekend

Thunderhawk had some bad lines this year (bad for Dorney but still not bad in terms of wait time), because they kept chaining off the back half of the coaster and with 1 train running almost all the time, the capacity was horrible (since it was only 12 riders maximum a train). It was being discussed on Dorney Park Online and it was said the crew just didn't want to keep having to buckle the belts on the empty rows. Hopefully this season, all rows will be open all the time

I drove by the park just about an hour ago and the front spike (the one with the twist) is being worked on. The track is just about vertical and is appears there are only 3 pieces of track left to be constructed. The ride does look a lot bigger in person. Dorney's skyline is just that much better now!