TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

It took me a minute to parse those sentences correctly, but I'm guessing Danielle's pronouns are them/they. So it was Danielle's first hyper, and the reason that Danielle rode it was because it was similar in layout to the Comet (out and back style).

(Please correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of the statement.)

3 hours ago, coneyislandchris said:

It took me a minute to parse those sentences correctly, but I'm guessing Danielle's pronouns are them/they. So it was Danielle's first hyper, and the reason that Danielle rode it was because it was similar in layout to the Comet (out and back style).

(Please correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of the statement.)

Yeah, I didn't have any trouble understanding what was meant either.

I understand the sentence. I just don't understand how one would ride a steel hypercoaster based on the comparison of riding a wooden coaster with a 87 foot drop.

That's like saying you rode the ladybug kiddy coaster so now you're ready for Steel Vengeance. ;)

I just thought it was funny, that's all. Good on them for riding more coasters, I just don't understand the comparison or why one would compel them to ride the other.

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone! Fist post in a long time for me here. Please forgive me if this is a silly question. I have not been to Dorney in about 8 years and I am going this weekend. With it being a holiday weekend can any regulars tell me if it could be crowded? My partner has never been and we both like to ride everything - coasters, flats, water rides, water park, etc. I am debating their line skipper but wanted to get some kind of idea of how the crowds have been here lately.

1 hour ago, alilstronger said:

Hello everyone! Fist post in a long time for me here. Please forgive me if this is a silly question. I have not been to Dorney in about 8 years and I am going this weekend. With it being a holiday weekend can any regulars tell me if it could be crowded? My partner has never been and we both like to ride everything - coasters, flats, water rides, water park, etc. I am debating their line skipper but wanted to get some kind of idea of how the crowds have been here lately.

What Bill said; outside of the water park and Wild Mouse, nothing will have any substantial lines. You might have to wait 15 minutes for Thunderhawk LOL.

The Fast Lane Plus is sort of worth it for the water park alone, but note that not all of the slides over there are part of the program. 

10 hours ago, alilstronger said:

Thank you guys! Last time I went everything had about  30 minute wait so big difference.

Edit:  I am a doofus who can't read.  My bad.

7 hours ago, boldikus said:

He said he hasn't been there in 8 years in the very post you quoted.

Ooops....that's what I get for posting from my phone.

I mean, the running joke around here is that Dorney doesn't get lines because it's always dead because everyone's in the waterpark. And it's an easy joke to make, a nice simple target to punch down at. But it's not really true.

Here's the Queue Times data from last year's 4th of July, which was a Sunday with moderate weather:
https://queue-times.com/en-US/parks/69/calendar/2021/07/04

This tracks with what I experienced when I visited over this past Memorial Day weekend -- average wait times between 20-30 minutes for most major rides and coasters in the dry park, sometimes getting up to 45 minutes, and you might as well just skip the wild mouse because there's absolutely no reason to wait an hour for that ride. But it's definitely not a case these days where you can just waltz into the park and expect walk-ons on everything anymore, especially not on a busy holiday weekend with nice weather.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Coasterfreak18 said:

So! I want to go to the park and the water park. The water park is only open for 3 more days: Saturday, Sunday and Monday (Labor Day). Any suggestions of which of these 3 days will have the park, and most importantly the water park, least crowded?

Probably Monday.

Went to the park for my first ever time about a month ago. It was good! Was not expecting the hills. Got on everything within 90 mins, plus 2 rerides on Steel Force and Hydra each. Unfortunately, Talon was closed. I was on a time crunch and was only at the park for 3 hours as I had to drive back to CP. More reason to go back someday!

3 minutes ago, Dan the Coaster Man said:

Went to the park for my first ever time about a month ago. It was good! Was not expecting the hills. Got on everything within 90 mins, plus 2 rerides on Steel Force and Hydra each. Unfortunately, Talon was closed. I was on a time crunch and was only at the park for 3 hours as I had to drive back to CP. More reason to go back someday!

Glad to hear!  If you're a water park person, I find theirs to be one of the best I've been to.  Talon really is the star of the park, though, along with Demon Drop, Enterprise, and Apollo.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm at Dorney for the opening night of Haunt tonight, and let me tell you they are super strict about the bag policy. They have a wooden box sized to the limit, and if your bag does not fit, it can't come in. 

Male-identified individuals have no idea how impossible it is to find a crossbody bag that is smaller than 6.5x4.5. In preparation, I managed to find one that was 6.75,hoping that they'd just let it go... But nope. 

Absolutely nuts, Cedar Fair. Poor showing.