TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

What a pleasant sight! I’m not sure why I hated this one so much when I actually enjoy the one at Kings Island.

Bring on the GCI or Kanonen or whatever replaces this. I can’t imagine it being worse...

Agreed totally. I really like Invertigo, but Stinger was horrible. That brand new patch of grass will be a big improvement.

I think another reason I am completely fine with its removal is that it didn't contribute at all to the park's coaster lineup. They already have a superior inverted coaster and a superior shuttle coaster (which also happens to be inverted). I think a mid-size GCI would be perfect for Dorney, but of course everything is up in the air right now.

Logically, I think the perfect replacement is a Raptor. There's enough room, and it would be a new, exciting ride that isn't found anywhere else in the Northeast, within the budget I'd expect Dorney to get for a new coaster. Also, It'd be the first coaster since 2001 that has any real chance of becoming the new most-loved ride in the park.

But Cedar Fair hates Dorney, so we'll see...

Wow, I was in Allentown last weekend and drove by the park, nothing was done to the track itself but the station was completely removed and it looked like the lift chain was off the ride as well (the return was slacked out instead of taught)

Didn't think much of it other than "First stage of demolition" but I didn't expect to see track being removed so soon.

I definitely did not hate Stinger like so many- I actually had some decent rides on it. That said I won't miss it at all, especially with a far superior Intamin invert right next door as well as Talon across the park. Other than the fact Dorney has such a small lineup to begin with, this isnt really a loss at all.

• 2 weeks later...
They'll probably get CCMR if Cedar Point should decide to remove it...

An ancient mine train by a manufacturer no longer in business with wooden supports is probably the least likely candidate for relocation ever, sorry.

An ancient mine train by a manufacturer no longer in business with wooden supports is probably the least likely candidate for relocation ever, sorry.

But not for Dorney Park! (kidding)

Wasn't there a rumor that this may be the last year of Dinosaurs Alive! for the CF chain?

If so and it does get removed . . . perhaps it and the old Stinger site could be used for a GCI or Gravity Group woodie?

Oh man can we not start with this? Its been a good 4-5 months since this was mentioned. There is absolutely nothing to this perpetual rumor that seems like it will never die. The park could add 4 B&Ms and enthusiasts would still be all "Dinos Alive, guys. GCI woodie all the way!!"