TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

There have been rumors of a second gate for quite awhile. While we all point to the Dino path for future expansion I believe the front of the park (all the land immediately to the left of the entrance road, except for Possessed, is key for redevelopment. There is a lot of old infrastructure there and paths that serve little to no purpose (eat shit ferris wheel). I see a whole revamp of the area over time, which will eventually bleed into the lower midway.

It's pretty hilarious that Liseberg's official account "liked" the post!

If it did end up happening, Dorney's ride would still be inferior to one (maybe two) other Intamin Accelerators under 90 mins away.

I'm glad Liseberg knows how to add fuel to a fire. Plus Dorney could continue their streak of relocated coasters.

Even if Kanonen may not be as good as Storm Runner or Kingda Ka, I've always heard it was a fun, intense little coaster. If it made its way to Dorney, I'd be ecstatic, but I think I want to see something a little more concrete before I get my hopes up such as a planning permit for a 79 foot tall coaster.

I'm 99% confident that Dorney will be getting Kanonen from Liseberg

source.gif

No. I'm just saying that I have 100% COMPLETE confidence in the guy who "leaked" it on Instagram. As his rock solid proof is a supposed phone conversation from someone who works at Liseberg who told him that Kanonen was replacing Stinger. Of course this wasn't leaked until after Stinger's closure when people realized Kanonen would fit snuggly in it's spot, and it was over the phone so there's no evidence of it, and the "leaker" decided to tell it to a small Instagram page that I don't think has ever been to the park instead of a ginormous page like Theme Park Review or Coaster Force. But it's legit!! Trust me

As you all know I for one would happily welcome more Intamin to the area (and I'd wager I'd enjoy Kanonen more than I do Kingda Ka) but this just reeks of enthusiast crack pipe bullsh*t. But at least it got the Dorney thread poppin?

A Raptor is the right price for Dorney, and Dorney has the right attendance for a Raptor.

(I hope Im wrong)

I think a GCI or Euro-Fighter is more in Dorney’s ballpark.

I've heard (unfoundedly) that the raptor's are in the 4-5 million range, putting them at a more aggressive price point than these two. Would like to hear any more credible figures though.

The same account that was trying to start rumors by taking pictures at parks in RMC gear?

That was purely a bit of fun, wasnt supposed to start any "rumours". In fact I had the same t-shirt on when I visited oakwood as a bit of fun too, so if you see people saying that RMC megafobia is a thing then they probably saw me and assumed I worked for RMC lol

As you all know I for one would happily welcome more Intamin to the area (and I'd wager I'd enjoy Kanonen more than I do Kingda Ka) but this just reeks of enthusiast crack pipe bullsh*t. But at least it got the Dorney thread poppin?

I just made the photoshop as simple speculation, but it seems people have taken that idea and rolled with it as a legitimate thing. I am pretty confident that the IG account's source saw my photo and ran with it, passing it off as a real thing

My thoughts exactly. Even with Storm Runner and Kingda Ka not far away, I’d be happy to see Dorney get Kanonen. You can’t go wrong with another Intamin Accelerator. But for now, I’m gonna remain skeptical until we see something like a permit filed (that has matching stats) or something along those lines.

I have a sudden craving for some Bo-Berry Biscuits now.

Why don't you just take a screenshot of the page and post it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the page you were trying to link to and saw that the "evidence" that the coaster is coming to the US is a random comment from a random dude. In other words, not evidence. Carry on.

Dorney actually purchased a majority of the homes on the backside of the waterpark/thunder canyon area and they are currently used for employee housing. I believe the plot of land to the side of the train is for storm water and they currently use the balance of the open space up there for grave yard/maintenance. I could see this change over time but its not focal in the expansion efforts right now.

I was also told to get your last rides on the Speed Slides this year. A new slide complex, much like the Breakers Pipeline & Plunge at Valleyfair, could be on its way. Additionally, Lollipop Lagoon will be completely overhauled to Lakeslide Landing at Cedarpoint. Kids Cove will be impacted as they alter the pathway to Aquablast and increase the size of the lagoon. Could be some small "splash island" element in this area as well. Apparently one of these additions was in place as part of the water park upgrades for 2018 but pushed off.

I got a great source. More to come when made available!

All the home that dorney owns were supposed to be torn down at the end of the 2016 season. A water park expansion was suppose to happen but they switched it to the troika and bumper cars. There is an area for storm water but that's it. Only other thing is a service road to get into the back of the food stands in the water park and another that goes around the exterior of the water park.

The water park paths are awful and need to be redesigned. So I hope you're right.

Dorney actually purchased a majority of the homes on the backside of the waterpark/thunder canyon area and they are currently used for employee housing. I believe the plot of land to the side of the train is for storm water and they currently use the balance of the open space up there for grave yard/maintenance. I could see this change over time but its not focal in the expansion efforts right now.

I was also told to get your last rides on the Speed Slides this year. A new slide complex, much like the Breakers Pipeline & Plunge at Valleyfair, could be on its way. Additionally, Lollipop Lagoon will be completely overhauled to Lakeslide Landing at Cedarpoint. Kids Cove will be impacted as they alter the pathway to Aquablast and increase the size of the lagoon. Could be some small "splash island" element in this area as well. Apparently one of these additions was in place as part of the water park upgrades for 2018 but pushed off.

I got a great source. More to come when made available!

All the home that dorney owns were supposed to be torn down at the end of the 2016 season. A water park expansion was suppose to happen but they switched it to the troika and bumper cars. There is an area for storm water but that's it. Only other thing is a service road to get into the back of the food stands in the water park and another that goes around the exterior of the water park.

The water park paths are awful and need to be redesigned. So I hope you're right.

Is there a water park expansion still in place?

Based on what I hear its within the next two years. More like a revamp as they replace old slides/attractions with new ones. Increasing the capacity at existing sites is probably a more cost efficient manner of "expanding".

Also I agree about the paths comment. Management could really do wonders by building a large path from the eating facilities to the kids cove/lollipop lagoon side....straight through the middle. You could remove the lazy river queue and place it on one of the islands created by the attraction, simply add a bridge to get people over. The overhaul of this area could essentially be the prelude to the next phase.

The good thing is that there are a lot of slides and with some of the slide complexes, they platforms are built over each other and they fit a lot of slides in a small space. Only counting Speed Slides as 1 slide and Aqua Racer as 1 slide and no kids slides, there are 22 different slides. With 2 wave pools, 2 lazy rivers, 1 family play area and 4 kids areas (2 regular and 2 really small areas), they have more than some stand alone water parks.