TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

This is a park that absolutely doesn't benefit from more coasters right now. Can't really argue with providing more food service capacity in the water park.

I agree with the latter. That's the only area of the park that I've ever seen crowded.

This is cool since this means we can get my nephew in for free for a few more years.

Can't wait for all the GCI woodie delusionals to start crying about this.

I hope given that this is a small addition this year they have more time to focus on food throughout the park. A lot of Cedar Fair food is not the best, but Dorney Park had the single worst cheeseburger of any amusement park I have ever been to. The rest of the food was not very good either. If they really want to attract families with their bumper cars, troika and now this new pre-k pass, decent food is a necessity. I hope they focus on these little things this season.

They'll be crying for the rest of their life because it's never happening.

But the dinos alive contract ends next year! Totally a woodie going back there. GCI all the way. One of those bike cops at the park told me. He totally knows what he's talking about.

They'll be crying for the rest of their life because it's never happening.

But the dinos alive contract ends next year! Totally a woodie going back there. GCI all the way. One of those bike cops at the park told me. He totally knows what he's talking about.

Never been to this park, and this doesn't make me want to go anytime soon. I'm sure it's a great addition...but come on, at least give this park a kiddie ride or something.

They did put two flats in during 2017. TBH this park does not need any coaster additions. Their water park does very well for them and people come out for Haunt. It's a great park for what it is - clean, never any lines for thrill rides, a good flat collection, and while Hershey and Great Adv are killing them in the coaster department, there are a few solid coasters @ Dorney - I love Talon and Possessed, and their flume and Demon Drop are awesome. It's worth a visit if you're in the area but there's obviously nothing to go out of your way for. I enjoy popping over once a year, but then again its a little over an hour from my house.

Apparently this is the concept art for the new cafe in the water park. If this is really it, I have absolutely no idea where it will be because space is limited. The only place I could honestly think of is next to the wave pool on the grass area.

FB_IMG_1502940437246.thumb.jpg.8799405b87fb282246e5638d21c5fe61.jpg

Due to either overwhelming demand or rampant drug use by their executives, Dorney has apparently raised the price of their mostly-useless season Fastlane from $99 to $125.

That could be crucial for those Saturdays for some local people. Without fastlane you might have to wait a whopping two trains to go out before you get on Hydra.

Without fastlane you might have to wait a whopping two trains to go out before you get on Hydra

The funny thing is that while you're joking you're still overestimating the wait times by a full 2 trains. I've been going to Dorney since I was a kid (mostly on weekends) and have never seen a 2 train wait for Hydra in my life.

Man, I must have done Dorney wrong. I waited in lines on a Sunday in June. And not just for Wild Mouse (credit run, one and done).

Question, since 2018 is an off year for Dorney and a possible off year for BGW, and I'm already renewing the Cedar Fair Platinum but iffy on getting the BGW 2-park fun card again: How does Wildwater Kingdom compare to Water Country USA?

Without fastlane you might have to wait a whopping two trains to go out before you get on Hydra

The funny thing is that while you're joking you're still overestimating the wait times by a full 2 trains. I've been going to Dorney since I was a kid (mostly on weekends) and have never seen a 2 train wait for Hydra in my life.

The Hydra queue is almost always empty. Even on weekends, the line is never past the staircase. However, I was there on a Sunday this year and somehow the line was going down the first switchback.

IMG_20170625_170334787.thumb.jpg.755091b6241f80b6207a6373afcec9bb.jpg

Now that's something you don't see every day!

Edited by SteelForceless

The Hydra queue is almost always empty. Even on weekends, the line is never past the staircase. However, I was there on a Sunday this year and somehow the line was going down the first switchback.

img_20170625_170334787.thumb.jpg.44d602a45c5e8592769e60c1f1261cd2.jpg

Obviously this is

Wow I must have been really unlucky. I've only been to dorney once and yes, it was on a Saturday. But later in the day the line got longer than in that pic and I actually waited 40 minutes for talon. So I find it a bit strange/funny when I hear people saying how ridiculously short the lines are.

I was there this summer, and I was mistified to witness a worker open the switchbacks for hydra, and 3 filled up. We waited about 25-30 minutes for the ride. I'm pretty sure it's getting a line because the entrance to the catering pavilion is right next to it, so it's the first ride that people are going to now after leaving the pavilion. Of course all the other ride lines were non-existent. I was also talking to an older ride op on Possesed and he confirmed that the holding break will never be fixed, as it costs way too much money to fix and operate. I'm definitely a little upset about that because that's one of the standout parts of the ride, but as he put it to me: "A half working ride is better than no ride", and I couldn't really argue with that.

Wow I went once in 2010 and if I remember correctly it was pretty much a 1 or less train wait for everything. Now when I got there Hydra.....,,actually had a line for the first hour because there were summer camp kids in the park. I also remember seeing somebody throw up after riding Hydra and that's the only time I've seen somebody vomit from a roller coaster in person ever and it was from Hydra