TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

The only thing we skipped was blackout because I thought total darkness was a waste at great adventure. I don't find complete darkness scary and I don't find bumping into walls fun lol maybe we will try it next year to see if it's any different then great adventures.

I can't believe you skipped this one. I think it's their best one this year. They are using scents, noisemakers, and I even saw someone with night vision goggles entering the last time. They even tickle you with something that probably don't want to know what it is!

I really hate these "BlackOut" mazes that keep popping up everywhere. Especially when they replace an existing maze. It's cool for a Skeleton Key room possibly, but why would anyone wait more than 10 minutes to walk through complete darkness? It's so uninspired and boring. Oh, you're gonna blast me with air on my feet? SPOOKY!

When I see "BlackOut" I think "BudgetCut".

Went up to work today for tear down. I love being up at the park this time of year. I find it so fascinating how parks just get torn down the way they do for the off season. They go from operation one day to a grave yard the next few days.

IMG_1105.thumb.JPG.9c5790e93238fa4c41d3ea60a5d8f49b.JPG

Cut throat was gone by mid Monday.

IMG_1107.thumb.JPG.f21cbdb3019255b8452a9660702cc2a7.JPG

Enterprise taken apart already.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm really excited for all these new additions!

That makes one of us.

In all seriousness the bumper cars are going to be f**king abysmal because every bumper car ride at an American corporate park is and I don't care about the Pavillions but a Troika is always a nice addition.

New pavilion construction update!!!!!!!!! Who's excited?

Yeah me neither

Somewhere out there is a pavilion enthusiast who is entirely too happy about this news.

A couple years ago I had no idea that there were actually flume and skyride enthusiasts. And yet here we are.

Just completed a survey on whether Dorney Park (and every Cedar Fair park in the chain) should change their unlimited drink plan. The new plan says it would get rid of the souvenir bottle in exchange for plastic cups with your drink. The plan would be saved to your season pass rather than to your bottle. What do you think this this?

Personally I like the idea and not having to carry the bottle around would make me more likely to buy it.

(From the Cedar Point thread)

As long as CP keeps handing down awesome rides, I have no complaints!

(Other than the obvious "over 10 years without a custom coaster" issue)

I know this probably belongs on the Dorney thread, but does anyone remember when the park security was featured in a couple episodes of All Worked Up?

I do remember that, that security guard is a load cooler in real life, haha.

Just completed a survey on whether Dorney Park (and every Cedar Fair park in the chain) should change their unlimited drink plan. The new plan says it would get rid of the souvenir bottle in exchange for plastic cups with your drink. The plan would be saved to your season pass rather than to your bottle. What do you think this this?

Personally I like the idea and not having to carry the bottle around would make me more likely to buy it.

I love this idea, both my souvenir bottles melted in my car this past summer. I still got my money's worth but at the same time I felt kind of ripped off. I'd much prefer just getting it on my pass.