TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I'm going with crappy bumper cars. They won't shut up about bumper cars on Facebook and some modern, terrible bumper cars would fit the Dorney mold perfectly.

Hopefully they put objects on the field cuz its hard to bump people when 1 person will be on the ride. Maybe if its a super crowded day 2, maybe even 3!!!

I'm going with crappy bumper cars. They won't shut up about bumper cars on Facebook and some modern, terrible bumper cars would fit the Dorney mold perfectly.

My bets on 3 "classic" flats. Going with Bumper Cars, (New models that will undoubtedly suck) either in Hangtimes old spot or Chance Carousels old spot. A Troika, and one other classic flat, but I'm not sure what. Can't recall the rides Cedar Fair picked up towards the end of last season.

My bets on 3 "classic" flats. Going with Bumper Cars, (New models that will undoubtedly suck) either in Hangtimes old spot or Chance Carousels old spot. A Troika, and one other classic flat, but I'm not sure what. Can't recall the rides Cedar Fair picked up towards the end of last season.

I doubt Dorney Park would be receiving any vintage/retro flat rides that were found in Europe as they only found seven and they're headed to Carowinds and Worlds of Fun. The seven rides consisted of two Huss Troikas, a Huss Condor, a Mack Musik Express, a Zierer Wave Swinger, a Huss Break Dance, and a Mondial Top Scan. A Troika, the Musik Express, the Top Scan, Wave Swinger, and Break Dance will be headed to Carowinds. The other Troika and the Condor are headed to Worlds of Fun.

^ Do you work for Cedar Fair and know to be fact that they have yet to buy any other classic flats? I'm not saying you're wrong but the park announced they were in the market for classic flats from Europe and that they had picked up a handful. Whose to say they haven't bought more that we don't know about? Just a thought.

^ Do you work for Cedar Fair and know to be fact that they have yet to buy any other classic flats? I'm not saying you're wrong but the park announced they were in the market for classic flats from Europe and that they had picked up a handful. Whose to say they haven't bought more that we don't know about? Just a thought.

No, I do not work for Cedar Fair. But, what I do know is that Cedar Fair had plans on visiting Japan after checking out Europe according to this article. So, they may have picked up some more vintage/retro flat rides in Japan since the release of the article. I would like to see more retro rides come to Cedar Fair parks as they work better than most computerized rides that have been produced within the past 20 years.

Valleyfairs enterprise

We have one already. Honestly they might do what Compounce / Kennywood did and either replace an aging Enterprise with it or use that one for spare parts for the other ones in the chain.

Edited by coasterbill

Bumper Cars and a used Troika.

Well, it's better than nothing...

It also fixes that midway that used to have Screamin' Swing and Hang Time. While I prefer the former rides there, this is better than the grass that currently resides there.

Edited by SteelForceless

Seems like coasterbill was right about the bumper cars.

You people should listen to me more often. Especially the people in the KD thread waiting for a B&M hyper that would be vastly inferior to I305 anyway.

That thread is one more speculation rumor away from eruption. Even Coasterbill cant shine wisdom on that thread trap