TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Hello Dorney people, I'm planning on visiting Dorney Park tomorrow and I was curious if there is any early ride time for their coasters (for season pass holders)? Also, is the park good about opening their coasters on time when the park opens? Thanks in advance !

Looking at the pass holder website, it looks like ERT is only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and starts at 9:30. The only coaster it includes is Talon.

Unless there's mechanical issues, all rides are typically ready to go before 10:00 (last year Steel Force was the only exception - it would open by 10:15. Not sure if that's changed).

What are the slowest days in the summer? Probably Mon-Thurs? It seems that most weekends are insane with the overflow lots being used. I know this site has a zero tolerance for off color comments, like I was warned about before, but why do sites like TripAdvisor allow people to make all sorts of negative comments about the park that are racist? Don't they have mods to police the site and delete bad comments?

The other day you were complaining about the park always being crowded in the summer as if this was a known fact and now you ask what days are slowest. I don't know what type of game you are playing but don't act like you are an authority on something when you know nothing.

As far as the second part of your post, TPR doesn't give a SH!T about what gets posted on Trip Advisor!

Are you the admin of this site Larry or just a mod? You seem to be on this site every day, you joined in 2005, and your sig says Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index. You're also 7 years older than me, live about 90 miles east of me (I live about 3 miles west of the park). I actually only go to the park a few times a year, but my brother and I get season passes, we live together at home with my mom and her male friend of 22 years. My father passed away on March 8, 1986. I've been going to DP almost every year since I was two in 1976. I realize that what happens on other sites you could care less about but a site that you control you have the right to censor people's speech. I guess the First Amendment doesn't apply here.

Are you the admin of this site Larry or just a mod? You seem to be on this site every day, you joined in 2005, and your sig says Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index. You're also 7 years older than me, live about 90 miles east of me (I live about 3 miles west of the park). I actually only go to the park a few times a year, but my brother and I get season passes, we live together at home with my mom and her male friend of 22 years. My father passed away on March 8, 1986. I've been going to DP almost every year since I was two in 1976. I realize that what happens on other sites you could care less about but a site that you control you have the right to censor people's speech. I guess the First Amendment doesn't apply here.

No, because this is a privately owned site and the admin and moderators can limit discussion however they well choose and most people don't tolerate racism (or at least I cringed reading your post) or such stupidity. What makes you think you're at liberty to call out moderators for keeping the discussion civil? Don't be an asshole about it.

I don't want to be a backseat moderator so I'll keep quiet from now on. I apologize.

Also I can't even begin to comprehend why you gave us so many details about your life. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

OK, I understand now. This board is privately owned so the owners, admin, mods, etc. reserve the right to set rules as they see fit. Like no flaming, personal attacks, etc. and that they reserve the right to ban you forever. Most forums work that way. I was banned from a DP forum a few years ago for mostly the same thing. So I will refrain from making any more comments that are unwelcome.

^^ And to answer your first question, Larry is moderate and a very good one. I think the reason for his title is because he is in charge of adding new photos to the park index if I am not mistaken.

Larry is definitely one of the best moderators I've ever seen. He's kind and patient and doesn't let his opinion direct his moderating. I agree with Password121, they are hear to guide the conversations and control them, and not to be mean, but some of your posts are bannable. Larry has shown great self control by not banning you for several semi-racist posts, and I appluad him for that.

So I will refrain from making any more comments that are unwelcome.

Do you promise this time? Because I swear this is like a broken record. You just posted this a few pages ago and yet, you did not keep quiet...

Ok, so I made some bad posts last year. I guess you're an admin or something and just looked at my past posts or remembered them. I forgot about those posts when I made this one, I belong to so many sites. I don't want to be banned, so I'll keep quiet now. I was banned from DP Online a few years ago because the admin didn't like some of my posts. I apologize for the one I just made.

And as Password121 said, why on Earth did you make such a detailed post about your life story?

So just for the sake of changing the topic here, apparently there's 3 separate colors of track at B&M's steel plant. No park that I know of has announced a new B&M yet. So.... the obvious contender is Dorney 2017. Right?

So just for the sake of changing the topic here, apparently there's 3 separate colors of track at B&M's steel plant. No park that I know of has announced a new B&M yet. So.... the obvious contender is Dorney 2017. Right?

They're about as much a contender for this as the Cleveland Browns are to win the Superbowl.

They're about as much a contender for this as the Cleveland Browns are to win the Superbowl.

I think that was a joke

I wondered what on earth could have caused this thread to blow up so much in one day! I see now what it was... Figured it wasn't actually anything pertinent or interesting about the park!

I think that was a joke

Mine wasn't.

I think that was a joke

Mine wasn't.

I love sarcasm.

Dorney is one of the few parks where VR makes sense. Haven't gotten a new coaster in a few years and probably won't be in the next few, so just throw some of these headsets on Thunderhawk or Steel Force and call it a day.

And they never get a crowd, so slowed down operations certainly won't be a problem.