TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I live a few miles west of Dorney Park and looking forward to find out what the new haunt is. Judging by the facade construction on the former Club Blood/Desolation building it looks like the facade is going to be a 2 story mansion facade like Blood on the Bayou or Voodoo at Knott's. On NewsPlusNotes in a photo of a display of Thunderhawk stuff on a table, they zoomed up on papers of haunt plans of a new haunted house for Haunt 2016 and part of the facade drawing is shown and it does look like a New Orleans 2 story mansion facade. But I guess GM Mike Fehnel or anyone won't say anything about it until the park officially announces 2016 haunt plans probably in August. Other haunts like MHH and Asylum are getting improvements. Asylum facade got a paint job and MHH is getting a remodel. Not sure what else is planned, the Cornstalkers house facade is still up. The Cornstalkers area is locked off though. Looks like for the new haunt the entrance is going be back on the front of the building like it was when it was Club Blood.

Another thing, why does the park get so insanely busy in the summer and the percentage of Caucasians is around 40%? I think I know why, the buses that come in and the visitors from more urban areas like Newark, NJ and North Philly, NYC, etc. Guess DP needs to start putting signs up in Spanish and Swahili or something. I don't go to WWK much anymore because it's too busy most days when there's no rain and I won't go in the wave pools where hundreds of other people put their sweaty bodies and kids spit, etc. The crowd has gone south over the years. No wonder DP hired a South Whitehall police officer to patrol the park besides the regular security. Is Dan Hall still the security chief or did he leave? And now they have new security checkpoints before you enter and they wand you. Is that because of the gun paranoia?

Another thing, why does the park get so insanely busy in the summer and the percentage of Caucasians is around 40%? I think I know why, the buses that come in and the visitors from more urban areas like Newark, NJ and North Philly, NYC, etc. Guess DP needs to start putting signs up in Spanish and Swahili or something. I don't go to WWK much anymore because it's too busy most days when there's no rain and I won't go in the wave pools where hundreds of other people put their sweaty bodies and kids spit, etc. The crowd has gone south over the years. No wonder DP hired a South Whitehall police officer to patrol the park besides the regular security. Is Dan Hall still the security chief or did he leave? And now they have new security checkpoints before you enter and they wand you. Is that because of the gun paranoia?

It is ok to be upset and disgruntled about a park, but your post come off as illogical, ignorant, unintelligent and semi-racist.

1) Many amusement parks have increased security as places where large gathering occur are becoming a target for terrorism. I wouldn't call it gun paranoia. It is a "better safe than sorry" policy as a business does have a right (some say an obligation) to protect it's clientele.

2) It sounds like you have an issue with a business that is attracting a demographic base that is unlike yourself. Is there a reason why you should be able to go to the park and those from the inner city should not be allowed?

3) Signs in Spanish and Swahili - have you really heard Swahili spoken in the park. What specific Swahili words have you heard spoken?

I agree that if you don't like the clientele then don't go but these comments along with ones you have previously posted put you on the verge of being banned. Theme Park Review is about have fun and while negative comments are welcome your tone and temperament are not.

Wow. I applaud Larry for his patience and restraint with that post, this is why I could never be a moderator. I'll sit back and wait for you to answer those questions (especially #2). I'm sure this will be a very well thought out response.

Ok, so I made some bad posts last year. I guess you're an admin or something and just looked at my past posts or remembered them. I forgot about those posts when I made this one, I belong to so many sites. I don't want to be banned, so I'll keep quiet now. I was banned from DP Online a few years ago because the admin didn't like some of my posts. I apologize for the one I just made.

In regarding to Dan Hall still being the chief of security, no, he has not been there in the four years I've been working there.

And in regards to the people that come to the park, the buses that come to the park have not been as bad as they use to be. Yes we still get some bad guest, but not as bad as it use to be.

If you were to look on some of the other Cedar fair parks forms, you would realize that it is a company wide thing now that guest get wanded. And South Whitehall police are there for the safety of guest and to assist DPP. The park didn't hire them just because of the people that come to the park.

Spanish and swahili? 95% of the guest that I talk to and interact with on a daily basis talk English. The other 5% I don't talk to.

Edited by DorneyKid14

Dorney is now offering an All-Season Fast Lane Plus.

They already offer that. It's called a regular Dorney Park season pass.

It works on a couple waterpark attractions, so you might actually have a line to skip for those.

At that price its a freaking steal compared to Great Adv's all season FP but its Dorney so its still a giant waste of money.

Totally agree, but now I'm curious to see if other Cedar Fair parks are offering it yet and, if so, what the price points are. $99 is still $99 too much for Dorney, but that'd be a major steal at many of their other parks.

At that price its a freaking steal compared to Great Adv's all season FP but its Dorney so its still a giant waste of money.

Totally agree, but now I'm curious to see if other Cedar Fair parks are offering it yet and, if so, what the price points are. $99 is still $99 too much for Dorney, but that'd be a major steal at many of their other parks.

Double the FL+ cost would be $160 at Cedar Point, $126 at KD, and $136 at KI. Could be a really good deal at that price point.

However, I think you would probably see a lot of people buying them at that cost and overwhelming the fastlanes.

I don't think Dorney's price point should be used to predict the price points at parks that actually have lines. It's really comparing apples and oranges. You'd have to be an idiot to drop $99 on a Fastlane for Dorney unless you love the water park because the lines almost never extend to the merge points on any ride but depending on how often you visit, Cedar Point could offer one for 5 times that price and it could be a solid investment if you could swing it.

If it was the beginning of the season I would pay $99. I spend most of my time in Wildwater Kingdom when I visit during that part of the season and being able to walk right on to all 6 Snake Pit slides and all the other slides offered plus Thunder Canyon would be worth it to me.

Hello Dorney people, I'm planning on visiting Dorney Park tomorrow and I was curious if there is any early ride time for their coasters (for season pass holders)? Also, is the park good about opening their coasters on time when the park opens? Thanks in advance !

What are the slowest days in the summer? Probably Mon-Thurs? It seems that most weekends are insane with the overflow lots being used. I know this site has a zero tolerance for off color comments, like I was warned about before, but why do sites like TripAdvisor allow people to make all sorts of negative comments about the park that are racist? Don't they have mods to police the site and delete bad comments?

Hello Dorney people, I'm planning on visiting Dorney Park tomorrow and I was curious if there is any early ride time for their coasters (for season pass holders)? Also, is the park good about opening their coasters on time when the park opens? Thanks in advance !

It's hidden behind the Season Pass Portal, you get to enter the park 30 minutes before opening. Unless I'm interpreting the site wrong, it doesn't look like any of the rides would be open, though. Here's what they have on their site:

Season Passholders will be allowed to enter the park 30 minutes prior to park open every day through Labor Day. In addition to early entry, Passholders will receive ERT (extra ride time) on the Antique Carrousel, Wave Swinger and Talon every Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

What are the slowest days in the summer?

All of them.

But Monday-Thursday would probably be the least busy, but I'm not sure that's saying much.