TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I mean, it would be nice if it were relocated to Dorney Park. But, I thought it was a very popular coaster at Kings Dominion? Or has the ridership been steadily declining over the years? But, I could be wrong or the rumours could be nothing at all, but rumours.

Although yes, it would be nice, after multiple people have asked for sources and none have shown up from the poster, we're pretty sure it's a load of bull. KD has no reason to remove/relocate it, they have enough room to build something, and as far as I know the ride's still relatively popular.

I mean, it would be nice if it were relocated to Dorney Park. But, I thought it was a very popular coaster at Kings Dominion? Or has the ridership been steadily declining over the years? But, I could be wrong or the rumours could be nothing at all, but rumours.

Although yes, it would be nice, after multiple people have asked for sources and none have shown up from the poster, we're pretty sure it's a load of bull. KD has no reason to remove/relocate it, they have enough room to build something, and as far as I know the ride's still relatively popular.

That's all I thought this rumour was when I first read about it. A more plausible rumour would be Dorney Park receiving Time Warp from Canada's Wonderland.

Maybe Dorney will only get the building like some people are saying and they'll build a roller coaster to compete with Skull Mountain

Yeah but it won't be as awesomely bad as what Six Flags has done with SM. That level of so bad-its-great will be hard to match.

Hello, I saw a recent comment about how there hasn't been a source for that rumor. I have been on vacation without my laptop and haven't been able to get the specific article that mentions KD's FoF. However, I did find the rumor with stating an indoor coaster or dark ride to replace Dino's Alive at Dorney. The photo of the paragraph is down below. I will get the other article that mentions FoF as soon as I get home and have access to my laptop. Just so you know, the other article mentions FoF's relocation, this one just mentions the new indoor coaster.

image.thumb.png.872516667b50b20fc3c78f267894b7df.png

Hey man, I know you are new around here and all. Eventually you'll learn to take any and all Screamscape rumors with a grain of salt, as the majority of them are just horsesh*t. I applaud you for keeping us entertained though.

Hey man, I know you are new around here and all. Eventually you'll learn to take any and all Screamscape rumors with a grain of salt, as the majority of them are just horsesh*t. I applaud you for keeping us entertained though.

Also, there's a reason there was on single mention of it on screamscape over a month ago, and then nothing after that. Usually means it was nothing more than a false trail.

Ouimet's statement that he isn't a fan of ride relocations leads me to believe that Dorney's next coaster will not be a relocation. A large GCI woodie would be perfect, but that may be a few years down the road.

Maybe they'll build Flight of Fear from scratch, just using the one at Kings Dominion for track, trains, and the building. The queue will be completely new.

Ouimet's statement that he isn't a fan of ride relocations leads me to believe that Dorney's next coaster will not be a relocation. A large GCI woodie would be perfect, but that may be a few years down the road.

Maybe they'll build Flight of Fear from scratch, just using the one at Kings Dominion for track, trains, and the building. The queue will be completely new.

Remember to put in several switchbacks that will never be used!

I mean he has to be joking right?

At the park right now, still not busy. Everything is a walk on. But I had to say that they are running all 3 trains on Steel Force. I also have to agree with everyone this ride is ok in every row but at least on the front it has a few decent pops! Overall all enjoyed the ride.

Now question, I keep hear at the park from random people that Dinosaurs Alive is leave soon. I have always been told that these attractions where a 5 year lease, is that true? If it is leave (in the near future) that would free up so much space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the park right now, still not busy. Everything is a walk on. But I had to say that they are running all 3 trains on Steel Force. I also have to agree with everyone this ride is ok in every row but at least on the front it has a few decent pops! Overall all enjoyed the ride.

Now question, I keep hear at the park from random people that Dinosaurs Alive is leave soon. I have always been told that these attractions where a 5 year lease, is that true? If it is leave (in the near future) that would free up so much space.

The dinosaurs went up in 2012, so this would be their last year. Good thing too, since they have to make room for Flight of Fear next year.

The dinosaurs went up in 2012, so this would be their last year. Good thing too, since they have to make room for Flight of Fear next year.

I was starting to worry that if Dinos were staying that they would not have a spot for flight of fear. Hehe.

My friend at work said that we were/are one way inbound for over an hour. You can expect crowds to grow later in the afternoon. They always run 3 trains on steel force on Saturdays because "lines" can get long.

My friend at work said that we were/are one way inbound for over an hour. You can expect crowds to grow later in the afternoon. They always run 3 trains on steel force on Saturdays because "lines" can get long.

Dang. I guess we shall see. Still good.

He said we are still one way inbound. Has been since 10 am.

Damn Hostile! Lol. I bet around 3 it will start getting lines in the back f the park. Now if you are going to the waterpark it is crowded.

Hey I know you work at DP just have the same question, will Dinosaurs Alive leave this year?

Hey I know you work at DP just have the same question, will Dinosaurs Alive leave this year?

From what I heard, the contract was renewed. Not sure how true it is though.

Like others have said, that land is prime location for expansion, so who knows what Cedar fair has planned.

Looking at that area, that would make the most sense for the expansion. CCF is all by itself and if they could expand and make that path lead somewhere would be nice.