TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I think what they need is a larger family coaster (other than Steel Force). This is why a Gravity Group compact coaster or a White Lightning/Invader-style GCI would be perfect. If a kid was trying to get into coasters, they'd ride the kiddie coaster, then their wild mouse, then Thunderhawk, which is a good in-between family/thrill coaster. But the next step up would either be a looping coaster, a tall/launched/90-degree coaster, and Steel Force is a good mine train, but it's one of the taller ones out there. I think a family/thrill coaster a little more intense than Thunderhawk would really round out the lineup well. Plus, that would add a 100% airtime-focused coaster the park needs.

If I were making bets on their next coaster I think it would be something along the lines of Time Warp from Canada's Wonderland. Mainly because I think it'll actually be Time Warp from Canada's Wonderland.

Nothing is outside the realm of possibility for Dorney Park.

I think what they need is a larger family coaster (other than Steel Force). This is why a Gravity Group compact coaster or a White Lightning/Invader-style GCI would be perfect. If a kid was trying to get into coasters, they'd ride the kiddie coaster, then their wild mouse, then Thunderhawk, which is a good in-between family/thrill coaster. But the next step up would either be a looping coaster, a tall/launched/90-degree coaster, and Steel Force is a good mine train, but it's one of the taller ones out there. I think a family/thrill coaster a little more intense than Thunderhawk would really round out the lineup well. Plus, that would add a 100% airtime-focused coaster the park needs.

A big-ish wooden coaster would round out their collection so well; I've always felt like that's the biggest thing missing. Hercules was garbage and Thunderhawk just doesn't do it for me.

I live roughly 90 minutes from Dorney and I haven't had any desire to go since Hydra opened. I love Talon, but I'd rather go to Hershey and ride Great Bear (criminally underrated IMO) and then have multiple other awesome rides at my disposal. Hopefully they do something soon that makes me rethink my stance, although I admit I'm hard to please as I'm pretty much a "roller coasters only" guy.

If I were making bets on their next coaster I think it would be something along the lines of Time Warp from Canada's Wonderland. Mainly because I think it'll actually be Time Warp from Canada's Wonderland.

Not if Michigan's adventure has something to say about that.

Personally If they clear that spot (which seems like a no brainer) I think Valleyfair absolutely gets the SLC and Time Warp is between MA and Dorney. All this is baseless speculation but it makes a ton of sense.

Dorney getting Time Warp and advertising as some wonderful experience would be the most Dorney thing ever.

It would also be criminal for them to allow the public to ride such a torture device.

A big-ish wooden coaster would round out their collection so well; I've always felt like that's the biggest thing missing. Hercules was garbage and Thunderhawk just doesn't do it for me.

I live roughly 90 minutes from Dorney and I haven't had any desire to go since Hydra opened. I love Talon, but I'd rather go to Hershey and ride Great Bear (criminally underrated IMO) and then have multiple other awesome rides at my disposal. Hopefully they do something soon that makes me rethink my stance, although I admit I'm hard to please as I'm pretty much a "roller coasters only" guy.

I can see why a lot of enthusiasts overlook Dorney Park. The flat ride collection is BY FAR the biggest draw of the park for me, and their log flume is a great water ride as well. Between Demon Drop, Dominator Red and Dominator Green they pretty much have three drop rides. Plus they have Meteor, The Whip, Enterprise, Revolution, and Monster and Apollo are top-notch family flat rides.

A pipe dream I know, I just wish more US parks would get Intamin prefabs. Everyone is predicting a GCI and that's probably closer to reality but with how well El Toro has held up after all this time I can't believe more parks haven't invested in at least smaller prefabs like Balder. Would fit perfect in that Dinos Alive spot. I know its like a zero chance but a boy can dream...

I"m not saying a clone of El Toro, just because its a prefab doesn't mean it can't be totally different. Intamin are the kings of doing just about anything parks ask for...

Really, I know its a pipe dream but personally it would have me at Dorney constantly.

I"m not saying a clone of El Toro, just because its a prefab doesn't mean it can't be totally different. Intamin are the kings of doing just about anything parks ask for...

Really, I know its a pipe dream but personally it would have me at Dorney constantly.

I never said it would be a clone of El Toro. Im saying its hard to market something similar when you have one of the best coasters in the world very close. It'd be easier and cheaper to market an RMC there.

^^ Because the general public that they would be marketing to knows the difference between an RMC and an Intamin prefab right?

I can see it now... "Oh I'm not going to Dorney for that crazy new wooden coaster they put in. Its an Intamin. They already have one at Great Adventure".

It would be even cheaper to build and market a Volare.

Please stop, we don't need to give anyone from the park who might be reading this any ideas.

They may not know the difference but management does when it comes to ride experience. RMC's can offer inversions and we all know how the GP acts when they see a wood coaster with inversions. Plus it would be the first RMC in the surrounding area.