TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Dorney Park: Where a 10 minute wait for the front row of a hypercoaster is "The most frustrating part of the night".

If low temps were a problem and rides were running slow, one train ops were likely an attempt to make the trains as heavy as possible.

Any vibration on Talon was likely caused by a near empty train. That happens sometimes when there's just about nobody on the ride (which is always... because Dorney).

Also was my Mountain open? Low temps are not an excuse for not riding it

Yeah, you're probably right. Thunder Creek Mountain was not open, but maintanance was working on/ testing it all night, probably getting it ready for today.

Chance carousel was broke to the point where they couldn't repair it. That why they removed it. To sadness here.

Cool to hear that thunderhawk did indeed receive a retracking. I'm heading to the park now to ride before I start work later.

Also, there are markers in Hang Time's old spot. I wonder what's going to happen I guess a new flat ride.

My bets are on that 2-story Haunt building coming this year.

Also, there are markers in Hang Time's old spot. I wonder what's going to happen I guess a new flat ride.

My bets are on that 2-story Haunt building coming this year.

It most likely isn't 2 stories. That's just the entrance building. We have the same house here.

Dorney Park is closed today for bad weather. I guess cause it is drizzling out. It is a shame because these used to be the best days and in the past they would never close for bad weather unless it was very severe.

This is the notice on the website:

PARK CLOSED

Due to inclement weather, Dorney Park will be closed today, Sunday, May 1st. The park will reopen as scheduled Friday, May 6.

^

No need to get "so freakin mad". It's just a carousel. Life goes on.

No need to dismiss the genuinely felt emotional reactions of others just because they care strongly about something you don't care about at all. I love carousel organs, I grew up at the park, and I have memories associated with that carousel. Its loss means something to me.

The carousel itself may not have been that special but carousel organs are an important part of the industry's heritage. Here's what what the Chance wurlitzer used to sound like, for those who don't remember:

Here's what it sounded like in 2015:

This is like giving a coaster a full repainting and rehab the year before they tear it down. Here's hoping it went to a good home.

Speaking of Haunt, Desolation has been removed!

no!!! i loved that one! i hope they just took it down for winter or do mean that you know from the inside of dorney that they removed it for the 2016 lineup? i hope they didnt remove it!

Speaking of Haunt, Desolation has been removed!

no!!! i loved that one! i hope they just took it down for winter or do mean that you know from the inside of dorney that they removed it for the 2016 lineup? i hope they didnt remove it!

They removed it because from what I heard, a building is going to be built there and will have a haunt inside of it.

Made my first visit of the year yesterday. Crowds were extremely light (as expected) and I was able to get on all the majors within an hour (again, as expected)

Thunderhawk was running 2 trains for some reason (It wasn't nearly busy enough to warrant that but whatever) The new trains look very nice, but how much they improve the ride is questionable if you ask me. Yeah, it's smoother, but it's still rough and jerky. The new lap bars well and truly kill the incredible airtime on the first and 2nd hill. We did get lift stopped on my first ride though, apparently somebody towards the back of the train was on their cell phone.

Stinger was down when I got there, but was up by the time I was leaving, it's running great this year! Car 4 has next to no headbanging, and it's the most forceful ride in the park.

I hopped on the Cedar Creek Flyers because we had to skip the Flyers at Knoebels on the 30th and I was in the mood for some flyers. To my surprise, I managed to get a few good snaps in before the criminally short cycle ended my fun.

All in all, pretty decent 2 hour visit.

Ride list

Talon: 2

Steel Force: 2

Thunderhawk: 2

Cedar Creek Flyers: 2

Hydra: 1

Demon Drop: 1

Possessed: 1

Stinger: 1

I was at DP today for a little bit. I had to leave early because of the rain. The only rides I went on today were CCF and Apollo because coaster lines and stuff were long. When I went on CCF today my whole eagle twisted backwards because of how strong the wind was so they had to wait until the wind cooled down. Well today wasn't really that good.

image.thumb.jpeg.f5dba7358475009d6decfe7c38f03c72.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.315ab0310ca80f52e044145023fb6429.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4a9acdfd37f1e582db0221a59a2bfe3d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c91561e307e2c27fe3f8e6ad64fe6ae6.jpeg

The only rides I went on today were CCF and Apollo because coaster lines and stuff were long.

The parking lot was mostly empty the whole day, honestly don't know how that could be.

From what I heard, lines were ranging between 20-40 minutes for most of the day.

I was there from 12 to around 5 yesterday. Most everything was a walk on until around 3:30 or so, then lines backed up due to 1 train (Thunderhawk) or just slow operations (Steel Force). The rain then came and solved that problem though.

Overall place was not crowded though.

I'm going to the park for the first time on Saturday 21. I would have rather gone on Sunday, but there's a private event, so I figured that the lines would still be okay after being on this thread for a while. I'm planning on getting there around 10 when the park opens. Does anybody have tips? Here is what my plan is for getting on all the rides I'm interested in:

Possessed, Stinger (if it's open), Revolution, Steel Force, Thunderhawk, Demon Drop, Thunder Creek Mountain (if it's ready for the season yet), Hydra, Meteor, Talon, Enterprise, Dominator Side 1, Dominator Side 2, Whip.

Does anybody have advice, tips, suggestions, or think that there is a better schedule I should follow for navigating the park?