TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I know, it was part of the dollar days in the park both times. And whenever i went up to Midway Games (located Talon) i would maybe see 4 people ride it. (im just guessing.) But someone i know from the park said that it never really had a lot of riders. So i guess they were just losing money there.

A new three point challenge is suppose to go in there over the next few years.

really considering going back to great adventure for a season pass after hearing 1) the grove area isnt until 2017 and with dorney getting a new ride the same year as that is too much, and 2) they are getting rid of second perfectly good flat ride and not replacing it with anything. LOL dorney

really considering going back to great adventure for a season pass after hearing 1) the grove area isnt until 2017 and with dorney getting a new ride the same year as that is too much, and 2) they are getting rid of second perfectly good flat ride and not replacing it with anything. LOL dorney

Having a pass to Great Adventure isn't a reason not to get a Dorney pass but seriously... get a Six Flags pass. A membership is 7 DOLLARS and 25 CENTS per month and you can ride El Toro, the tallest coaster in the world and a ton of other rides that are better than anything Dorney has. Plus you can ride Nitro in January... what are you waiting for? lol

Here, welcome to the dark side. We have waffles.

... or just go to Knoebels

I can see the removal of Thunder Canyon in 2 or 3 years to make room for a water park expansion.

As I said before, they better not remove Thunder Canyon.

I doubt this would happen it's very popular and has the perfect position between the dry and wet sides of the park. If I were the park though I'd build the next steel coaster over top of it.

Other news, Screaming Swing is officially in the dump.

Really? That's quite surprising! Luckily I was able to ride it a couple of times during my first visit back in June of 2015. I really enjoyed it. It's such a shame that it's now gone. It's quite odd how they haven't removed it from their website yet...

I believe they threw it in the dump. It may be up in DP dump on top of the employee lot. And yes you got the last ride on Screaming Swing.

Regarding hangtimes old spot, i believe they park is trying to get all dry park lockers, by White Water Landing exit and Screaming Swing/Wild Mouse, to where hangtime was. Not 100% sure. The last i heard, it was still in the talks.

To me it's not really too sad to hear. I thought $2 was cheap for a thrill ride like that and I never had to wait to ride it either. Looking at it from the park's viewpoint, it would be their last up-charge attraction to worry about since the swan boats, and Thunder Creek Speedway are long-gone.

Having a pass to Great Adventure isn't a reason not to get a Dorney pass but seriously... get a Six Flags pass. A membership is 7 DOLLARS and 25 CENTS per month and you can ride El Toro, the tallest coaster in the world and a ton of other rides that are better than anything Dorney has. Plus you can ride Nitro in January... what are you waiting for? lol

Here, welcome to the dark side. We have waffles.

... or just go to Knoebels

i used to have a six flags season pass and loved it but I sadly made the mistake of changing to dorney because i could only choose one. and it is very funny how much cheaper great adventure's season pass is compared to dorney when comparing the parks in gerneral, you would thing dorney would have the cheaper season pass.

My prediction for the park is that after the food fest move, I think they may put in a dark ride or something along those lines where food fest is now. It's a perfect spot. Also it would be hard to do anything else right there because of the hill.

My prediction for the park is that after the food fest move, I think they may put in a dark ride or something along those lines where food fest is now. It's a perfect spot. Also it would be hard to do anything else right there because of the hill.

I highly doubt that they will rip out Food Fest Grove if they are only going to add two catering buildings at the new location. They would have to be pretty big buildings to make up for the many pavilions in the former area. If I remember from Coastin' for Kids, just about every one of those structures were being used during our lunch.

I highly doubt that they will rip out Food Fest Grove if they are only going to add two catering buildings at the new location. They would have to be pretty big buildings to make up for the many pavilions in the former area. If I remember from Coastin' for Kids, just about every one of those structures were being used during our lunch.

From what I heard they planed on taking out food fest. And relocating it behind white water landing.

From what I heard they planed on taking out food fest. And relocating it behind white water landing.

I heard that as well, down where Desolation and haunt storage is.