TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

According to this press release from Cedar Fair earlier today, it looks like Dorney Park will officially be getting no new attractions in 2016. Sorry guys.

http://ir.cedarfair.com/newsroom/press-releases/news-release-details/2015/Thrills-Will-Come-In-All-Sizes-With-Cedar-Fairs-Most-Innovative-Lineup-Of-New-Rides-And-Attractions-In-2016/default.aspx

That's OK, just think about the rider experience that only Hawkules will give you in 2017: launching up 399 ft into a brake run, only to be held under the edge of a 399ft vertical drop while standing on a bicycle seat suspended from underneath the inverted track. Worlds first!

According to this press release from Cedar Fair earlier today, it looks like Dorney Park will officially be getting no new attractions in 2016. Sorry guys.

http://ir.cedarfair.com/newsroom/press-releases/news-release-details/2015/Thrills-Will-Come-In-All-Sizes-With-Cedar-Fairs-Most-Innovative-Lineup-Of-New-Rides-And-Attractions-In-2016/default.aspx

At the bottom it says "there will also be other family rides added to the parks"

*edit* copied it from the site so you don't have to look for it:

Additional investments across Cedar Fair's collection of parks will feature new catering pavilions, new family rides and investments in unique, limited-time only events.

At the bottom it says "there will also be other family rides added to the parks"

*edit* copied it from the site so you don't have to look for it:

Additional investments across Cedar Fair's collection of parks will feature new catering pavilions, new family rides and investments in unique, limited-time only events.

Dorney is getting the new catering pavilions. Havent seen anything for a family ride at the park.

My vlog from over the summer. It was my first visit to the park. I had a rather good time. The only problem is that I wasn't able to ride Possessed. The last time I rode that coaster was when it was at Geauga Lake known as Steel Venom, originally Superman: Ultimate Escape. I was super excited to ride it again at this park only to be told that it would be closed all day. I think they said it was struck by lightning a few days prior. Nonetheless I had fun at Dorney Park. Check out my video and let me know what you think of it.

My vlog from over the summer. It was my first visit to the park. I had a rather good time. The only problem is that I wasn't able to ride Possessed. The last time I rode that coaster was when it was at Geauga Lake known as Steel Venom, originally Superman: Ultimate Escape. I was super excited to ride it again at this park only to be told that it would be closed all day. I think they said it was struck by lightning a few days prior. Nonetheless I had fun at Dorney Park. Check out my video and let me know what you think of it.

Awesome video! Happy to hear you guys had an awesome time at the park! I was hoping you would of got a little video of the games, i was gonna try and look for myself.

Funny thing: the third side on dominator was actually suppose to be both sides put into one. I guess it was suppose to shoot you up and then hold you then drop you. But i guess it was too much for the tower and they didnt go through with it.

• 3 weeks later...