TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

• 3 weeks later...
Saw this today:

According to the News Plus Notes Blog, Hang Time is being taken out.

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2015/02/dorney-park-removing-thrill-ride-before.html

I'm not too surprised. The last two times I went this ride broke down while I was in line.

Saw this today:

According to the News Plus Notes Blog, Hang Time is being taken out.

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2015/02/dorney-park-removing-thrill-ride-before.html

The ride has already been taken off the list of thrill rides on their web-site.

https://www.dorneypark.com/things-to-do/thrill-rides

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a post a couple days ago on Instagram (a local Dorney Park Fan) that showed Stingers trains are back on track! Also I see that no one said anything about the new minor addition of adding some very neat and educational history signs along the tracks of the Zephyr. You probably don't care, but people like me that have gone to Dorney since I was little are going to really appreciate looking back to the past and it is really thoughtful of Dorney to keep putting history back into this old park.

Also I see that no one said anything about the new minor addition of adding some very neat and educational history signs along the tracks of the Zephyr. You probably don't care, but people like me that have gone to Dorney since I was little are going to really appreciate looking back to the past and it is really thoughtful of Dorney to keep putting history back into this old park.

I love when parks do things like this. However, many of the old Dorney fan base spew venom at Cedar Fair remember they are reminded at all that has changed at Dorney.

Our train at Kennywood has had similar signage and photographs since 2009 and guests always seem interested to learn more about the park's history after riding it. It's great to see another park doing this...especially Dorney, a park-gone-corporate that still has quite a history worth sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I think it's supposed to open on opening weekend and I have been checking on construction and it looks like that will happen. I know you didn't ask, but Stinger will not be open the first day because I heard it might try to open in the Summer.

• 2 weeks later...
I have heard a lot of evidence your next roller coaster will be a GCI, and I think they will make it very awesome. I hope it will have a splash down! That would make it more unique and awesome.

Source?

Yes, I think it's supposed to open on opening weekend and I have been checking on construction and it looks like that will happen. I know you didn't ask, but Stinger will not be open the first day because I heard it might try to open in the Summer.

Oh no! Not Stinger! It's incredibly disappointing that we won't be able to experience the sting of Dorney's newest and most thrilling coaster experience again this year .

I'd ask for a source but even without one I think Stinger having massive amounts of downtime is a pretty safe bet.

Edited by coasterbill

I have heard a lot of evidence your next roller coaster will be a GCI, and I think they will make it very awesome. I hope it will have a splash down! That would make it more unique and awesome.

I also heard this GCI is going to run 7 trains and feature a drop-track element.

I know we are joking around, but I am not. I am hearing from a Dorney employee that Stinger will now possibly be opening for opening weekend. I know it's had an extremely rough two years, but when I did get to go on Stinger it wasn't a bad experience and in some case actually pretty enjoyable so I am giving it one more chance to prove itself.