TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

All I want is that Windseeker we were supposed to get, but I really don't see it happening. I don't care if they go 5 years without a coaster... I have modest expectations but I'd love a Windseeker and it would be such a great fit for this park since the dry park caters so much to families.

I doubt Cedar Fair would ever buy another Windseeker again After all the problems it's had. You're more likely to get a B&M Giga.

At Dorney Park? LOL. I'm kidding, but here's to being hopeful for 2015!

All I want is that Windseeker we were supposed to get, but I really don't see it happening. I don't care if they go 5 years without a coaster... I have modest expectations but I'd love a Windseeker and it would be such a great fit for this park since the dry park caters so much to families.

I doubt Cedar Fair would ever buy another Windseeker again After all the problems it's had. You're more likely to get a B&M Giga.

I agree. It seems Six Flags has had much better luck with the StarFlyer models they've installed.

I agree. It seems Six Flags has had much better luck with the StarFlyer models they've installed.

That's because Cedar Fair installed prototypes while as Six Flags installed rides that were 6-7 years old (Funtime Star Flyers came out in 2004) and had their bugs worked out except for an incident at St. Louis.

That's because Cedar Fair installed prototypes while as Six Flags installed rides that were 6-7 years old (Funtime Star Flyers came out in 2004) and had their bugs worked out except for an incident at St. Louis.

Adventureland in Iowa got a brand NEW WindSeeker this year and I don't think I have heard about any incidents on that so far. If that can work (since the bugs are all worked out,) then Cedar Fair may want to install a WindSeeker at Dorney (seems logical) to see if they now are more reliable.

^Or maybe it has the same problems but ti's at a smaller park so the news won't make a big deal out of it. Seriously, I believe that once Banshee at Kings Island got stuck on the lift hill for a while, and the news made a segment on it. If they made a segment for every time Wild Thing at Valleyfair got stuck on the lift that is all that would be on the news!

LOL. You mean more likely to get a relocated boomerang for the parks 3rd shuttle coaster.

Just saw on a tweet from The Coaster Crew that Dorney Park confirmed they will be getting a new family attraction in 2015 pending township approval. My guess is that it's a new/revamped family area including a Disk'O coaster, similar to the new Gemini Midway at CP and Route 76 at VF. Those two projects were successful, so I could see Cedar Fair spreading these to other parks like Dorney.

Having gone to dorney for the first time this summer, I repeatedly did thunderhawk in the back. I love rough wooden coasters, but after four rides, my 14 year old body (15 tomorrow!) body couldn't take it anymore. That's seriously saying something. Is rather not have a new coaster at dorney, rather a retract of thunder hawk and removal of the finale brakes for the bunny hills. Also too much pressure for brakes in the brake run, fix that. It hurt.

Just saw on a tweet from The Coaster Crew that Dorney Park confirmed they will be getting a new family attraction in 2015 pending township approval. My guess is that it's a new/revamped family area including a Disk'O coaster, similar to the new Gemini Midway at CP and Route 76 at VF. Those two projects were successful, so I could see Cedar Fair spreading these to other parks like Dorney.

Good to see there will be something new to ride next year!

^I didn't think Thunderhawk was bad. Just kind of ruined by that trim near the end. On my first ride it wasn't working and I got some really good air (enhanced by those buzz bars) although on my second it kicked in and I got nearly nothing.

Having gone to dorney for the first time this summer, I repeatedly did thunderhawk in the back. I love rough wooden coasters, but after four rides, my 14 year old body (15 tomorrow!) body couldn't take it anymore. That's seriously saying something. Is rather not have a new coaster at dorney, rather a retract of thunder hawk and removal of the finale brakes for the bunny hills. Also too much pressure for brakes in the brake run, fix that. It hurt.

Thunderhawk was my least favorite wooden coaster of the East Coast Trip and one of my least favorite overall coasters of the trip. I only rode it once and was done. It's a shame a coaster that historic is so bad. The other 1920s coasters I've ridden were at least good.

Does anyone know what rides are in storage at Dorney?

I think the only rides are Balloon Race, Little Laser and the rest of the Tot Spot rides that weren't moved to other parks or sold. 2 of the Tot Spot rides that were in storage are set up near the wavepool and run during Boo Blast.

Though the park could really use a newer woodie imo (Thunderhawk is awful), Flying Scooters and a Disk-o sound great to me!

It's a great addition to the park. The park should start planning a major new roller coaster. It's long overdue. Not one of those second hand ones from other Cedar Fair parks. The park has room for 2-3 brand new roller coasters. A major steel coaster (B&M or Intamin) can be placed between Stinger and Steel Force and a small wooden coaster like Blue Streak can be tucked in behind the large Wave Pool and Thunder Canyon. Thunderhawk needs to get retracked. Great Adventure might be constructing a major new coaster in 2016 so Dorney Park needs to plan something to keep up with the competition.

Should have never gotten rid of Laser.

I endorse this statement.

I've never seen a park replace a coaster that good and that reliable with a ride that terrible and unreliable. I have no idea what they were thinking. Laser is easily better than any coaster they have now.

I never got to ride Lazer but my aunt who grew up near the park and my fiance who used to visit frequently both said it was their absolute favorite in the park. It looks pretty awesome from videos.

As far as the woodie, I know it is extremely unlikely but I'd love a smaller, compact Intamin prefab ala Balder. It would be perfect for this park.