TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Thunder Hawk is rough - if you ride it enough you learn how to ride it without it hurting too bad. But, first time riders are in for a treat and maybe a visit the next day to the chiropractor.

All of the other coasters are very enjoyable for the park they are in - Steel Force is older and nothing compared to Nitro but it is still a ride that can be appreciated. Talon is my favorite. Hydra is nice too, just make sure you scout out the train with the new restraints not the old moldy stinky ones. Possessed gives you a nice launch, but it's a quick ride.

Their flat ride selection is nice. I like revolution, dominator, and demon drop. That monster ride.... one time I rode it and hardly spun. Another time I rode it and didn't stop spinning from the beginning to the end. For me, it was just too much spinning. I also like the Sea Dragon there.

It is definitely a park that can be enjoyed - and since lines are small, you can basically guarantee yourself the ability to ride any and all rides you want - and the ones you really enjoy more than once.

Good to know. All I ever hear about crowds w/ this park is they are low and waits are minimal, I hope its true. We were originally going to go up around 5/6pm and stay til close but think we are going earlier now so time crunch isnt as much of an issue.

Usually every coaster is a walk on all day every day all summer long (except the Mouse because it's capacity is awful), but since the water park is closed and it's the Haunt event I would expect some of the longest waits of the year for the coasters. Even then... if you wait more than 20 minutes for anything I'll be shocked (unless you wait for the front of Steel Force... then you might wait 30).

Don't get Fast Lane. Even if they were charging 10 bucks for it it would be the biggest waste of money ever.

Oh and if Stinger is open ride that at the end of the night. If you ride it first you may miss out on the other coasters while you're waiting for the fire department to show up and rescue you.

Edit: I forgot to mention... they're completely whoring out their Screaming Swing. With a Platinum Pass I think it costs $1 to ride it so if you want to try it it won't cost you much of anything. I just thought of this because I went to see what they were charging for Fastlane and they include this ride for free as a desperate attempt to convince someone to buy it.

Edited by coasterbill

Its been down all season, no? I have yet to ride an inverted boomerang but something tells me I'm not missing much. Also, I have no problem waiting 20 minutes, once its get over that half hour mark is usually when I start to get cranky.

Edit: I forgot to mention... they're completely whoring out their Screaming Swing. With a Platinum Pass I think it costs $1 to ride it so if you want to try it it won't cost you much of anything. I just thought of this because I went to see what they were charging for Fastlane and they include this ride for free as a desperate attempt to convince someone to buy it.

The Screaming Swing was the only things we actually needed to use the Fastlane for, at the dry park at least, everything else was a walk on; this was a Saturday in July.

It's just as deserted as Morey's!

THIS is encouraging. I'm at Moreys all the time and I always tell everyone its always deserted cause it always is. Only time its ever bad are on holiday weekends, and they are nothing compared to a busy day at GAdv

I'm glad to hear that. At Wonderland a Platinum Pass only gets you a discount to the Halloween Haunt (if I'm reading it correctly) and they close the park at 5 and reopen at 7.

Can you go to your car and get back in after the Haunt starts? At Kings Island there was no readmission if you left the park after 7 PM.

I'm not sure but if they don't that's hilarious. I feel bad for Dorney, they build huge queue lines for everything and add this cool Fastlane system like they're expecting people to actually show up one day and we all know it's never going to happen (in the dry park). If they don't allow re-entry because they're (presumably) worried about hitting capacity I'd just feel sorry for them.

Dorney has a pretty nice deal going for their haunt. It was yesterday, but they extended it for today (until midnight to purchase) as well:

PICK YOUR VISIT DATE, GET FRIGHT FEAST FREE!

Includes All-you-can-eat meal served from 6:00-7:30 pm. Plus, guests enjoy a one time Front of the Line Pass to use at the haunted attraction of their choice that night.

You get it all for $35.99. If you are already a Season Pass holder you can just order the Feast for $13.99 and it includes a Front Line Pass as well. I don't know if that is much of a deal, but it worked out great because we are going in a group with some being SP holders and others not.

All I want is that Windseeker we were supposed to get, but I really don't see it happening. I don't care if they go 5 years without a coaster... I have modest expectations but I'd love a Windseeker and it would be such a great fit for this park since the dry park caters so much to families.

Edited by coasterbill

All I want is that Windseeker we were supposed to get, but I really don't see it happening. I don't care if they go 5 years without a coaster... I have modest expectations but I'd love a Windseeker and it would be such a great fit for this park since the dry park caters so much to families.

I doubt Cedar Fair would ever buy another Windseeker again After all the problems it's had. You're more likely to get a B&M Giga.