TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I did see this on Screamscape, even though it is from a while ago: The latest word from the Screamscape rumor mill is that Dorney Park could be finally planning on adding a large new coaster to the park for the 2015 season. Where will it go? I’m told we may likely see Dinosaurs Alive removed and sent to another park to make room for it.

I agree that Dorney could definitely use a GCI because they lack a solid wooden coaster, but I haven't heard anything about markers or land clearing, and at this point, it unfortunately might be too late.

I'm sure we would have seen some sort of clearing back in the Dinos area/where ever a new coaster could be placed by now if it were happening for 2015. Heck, has anyone seen any action happening around the park as far as potential 2015-work goes? Haven't been to DP since opening weekend, but I'm planning on getting there within the next two weeks. I'm surprised by the lack of rumors churning out of the Dorney rumor mill for 2015...I'm sure it's safe to assume WWK won't get something new for 2015, so I'm eager to see what's in store.

Despite the fact that they already built a pad and queue line for a Windseeker I don't think we're ever going to get it given the issues the other ones have had and the fact that they didn't build any last year. It's a shame though, it would be a great addition for Dorney.

Despite the fact that they already built a pad and queue line for a Windseeker I don't think we're ever going to get it given the issues the other ones have had and the fact that they didn't build any last year. It's a shame though, it would be a great addition for Dorney.

Where is the Windseeker queue?

Even so, let me re-introduce a pic I edited a while back...

Everything is a perfect, exact fit...I'm guessing the issues CF had with the Windseekers has kept Dorney from getting theirs.

Dorney is kinda like SFI's SFA. I think they would relocate a Windseeker here.

Now don't get me wrong, if they restored Thunderhawk I'd make Dorney a pit stop yearly. If it was retracked and got rid of the stupid trim brakes, it would have some AMAZING ejector (OMFG Ejector) in the front!

Unless they planned ahead and poured the deep foundation required for those rides, I see a GCI coaster being more feasible than a Windseeker. They need quite a bit of concrete to keep the tower anchored and if that circular pad doesn't have any, they would need to break it all up, remove it, and start all over fresh.

I have been hearing quite a bit from people that the contract for DA is almost up and considering prices to enter it have been getting cheaper, it would kind of make sense. I did overhear two guys from the local township municipality two years ago talking about Dorney adding a wooden coaster, but they didn't go into details about it.

Unless they planned ahead and poured the deep foundation required for those rides, I see a GCI coaster being more feasible than a Windseeker. They need quite a bit of concrete to keep the tower anchored and if that circular pad doesn't have any, they would need to break it all up, remove it, and start all over fresh.

They just put that in a few years ago when Windseekers were all the rage. I'm sure they planned for that as it's no coincidence that a Windseeker, queue line and operator booth would fit perfectly there. Even the cement is in the shape of a circle perfectly sized for Windseeker.

If we got a Windseeker at DP I would just keep asking for re-rides. 200 ft up would probably give you a nice view of the park from that section.

And I'm glad there is (at least) talk of a coaster for 2015 since a good amount of us were looking forward to Stinger and, well..

If we got a Windseeker at DP I would just keep asking for re-rides. 200 ft up would probably give you a nice view of the park from that section.

And I'm glad there is (at least) talk of a coaster for 2015 since a good amount of us were looking forward to Stinger and, well..

It's nothing thrilling. Up with some music and down on metal arms. That's WindSeeker.

Visited Dorney for the first time Wednesday, you guys have a really clean and pretty park. I was impressed and had a great time. Slightly disappointed by the Top Spin, however... no inversions? Why not? The Revolution wasn't running hot either. Short cycles, never swinging above vert. Great food selection!