TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

^Very clever, but afraid it would have had to go to a SF to get that name!

How about renaming it: 'The Unreliable Inverted Vekoma Hang'N'Bang That Replaced A Classic Schwarzkopf That Should Have Never Been Removed To Begin With' ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be going to dorney on saturday and the weather forecast includes some showers. Does anyone know what their policy is when it comes to operating rides in the rain? I hope it's not too bad as I want to make the most of the day.

Oh thanks. The forecast seems to be changing constantly so I'm not really sure what to expect yet. I obviously don't want any rain but as long as I can ride the coasters I'm satisfied.

By the way, what about Cedar Point? Do they operate the rides in the rain?

Here's another charity event Dorney is hosting, The Zombie 5K, it looks to be cool

Race Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 9:00 AM

All participants must be able to finish up a 5K in 70 minutes. 23 minutes per mile

Race Day Registration/packet pickup: 7:30 AM- 8:45 AM (Dorney Park Main Gate)

Race Start Time: 9 AM (All participants must be able to finish up a 5K in 70 minutes. 23 minutes per mile)

Fees: $25 if registered by August 17, $30 August 17-Race Day

NEW THIS YEAR

1. Chip timing

2. Register as a “Human” for $30 — “humans” will not be timed and will be scattered throughout the course. Human runners will receive event t-shirts and the same perks, just will not be timed runners. Humans need to be at the park 30 minutes prior to the race.

DETAILS

The Goods: Each runner receives a free entry into Dorney Park Haunt VI (to use 9/20 – 9/22) Plus a t-shirt, goodie bag, snacks and chances at prizes and raffles! You will receive your Dorney tickets via email — so be sure to type it in correctly! (T-shirts are guaranteed if registered by September 1)

The Run: The race will take place at Dorney Park. Starting inside the park and running through the park and surrounding area. The course will include pavement, some grass and gravel. — all running participants are the Zombies – come dressed to impress! There will be “humans” entering the course with flags throughout the course — any participant dressed as a zombie can grab a flag and flags = prizes! Spread the word, its going to be a great time!

Prizes: Age group awards will be given 3-deep and everyone has a shot at the raffle prizes! Guests must be present at awards ceremony to win. The awards ceremony will take place as soon as possible following the last finisher. Approximately 10 AM.

Series Points: (No points available for finishing) — 1 point for each “comfort kit” item up to ten. We are working together with the Red Cross young professional group Club Red for this event. Suggestions for donations include: toothbrush, toothpaste, toothbrush caps, deodorant, shaving cream, shampoo, body lotion, tissue packets, disposable razors, bars of soap, washcloth, combs and for the children’s kits, small toys. These kits are used to help families that are displaced during emergencies

Other fun stuff: This is a ZOMBIE RUN! Come out looking like the best zombie. Individual and group prizes will be offered! All zombies will also be given an extra raffle ticket!.

Haunt5k_Poster(1).thumb.png.3ed7b628be580271b28c6dfdf7c66e93.png

No CP doesn't operate in the rain. Well they say severe weather may close rides, which it usually always does

When i was at KD last year, i rode I-305 in the pouring rain. Should have just shoved shards of metal through my face.

Yeah got that exact same feeling on Leviathan in the rain. It hurts!

^^^^ CP shuts down every ride except Mantis if there's even a sprinkle of rain, so be warned of that.

Anyone have any guesses!?! Is it that wooden coaster we've all been hoping for???

Hooray! More Dino's!

Please... no more dinos! I am really hoping that it is a B&M wingrider, GCI, or something for Wildwater Kingdom. If anything, hopefully something that is not used (Posessed), a plagued with problems (Stinger), or an addition to something that is an up-charge (Dinosaurs Alive). Heck, I'd even love a small flat ride going in.

I know I could google, but you guys will be faster...Does Dorney have a Dinosaurs Alive already? If not, I'd put money that it's what they're teasing for 2014.

Yep. They built it in the back corner to the left of Steel Force's entrance and to the right of Revolution, their Chance Claw-type ride.

According to Coaster Crew, this may end of being a water park addition. If so, then I would love to see a Master Blaster-type attraction or even something crazy from ProSlide.

From facebook........

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom officials will announce plans for a major addition to the waterpark for 2014 at a Media Conference at the Park on Wednesday, August 28, at 9:15 a.m