TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Here's some Stinger photos from yesterday!

Stinger1.jpg.f0c99bb2dd14b4bc87356bcc0e8067e4.jpg

Quite a bit of supports went up this past week, along with a couple pieces of track. You can get up close to the ride during the Haunt, but only after 6 pm when the Asylum is open.

Stinger2.jpg.08f9ba3d4de41954f3147c40fb08107b.jpg

Some of the supports are up for the base of the lifts/drops. The two vertical supports are for the middle of the lift hill.

Stinger3.jpg.f5edf3bdd15a9fffb872bae48541672f.jpg

Here is a close up of the work that's been done on the station. This is where some track has gone up, with more waiting for the rest of the station supports to go up first. There's a few additional photos here, but they're generally the same.

Mike

I love the colors of this, it's going to stand out quite a bit from the rest of the rides at the park, especially when observing the skyline from I-78. Hopefully they at least build a halfway decent station for it...I'm not expecting theming, but maybe just a nicer station than it had at CGA? I'm okay with Dorney continuing to get used rides, as long as they keep getting good ones like this, Possessed, and Demon Drop. That GCI would be nice to see, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely the best looking of the invertigo's, the colors are just awsome!

Really wish Leviathan would have the same blue color on the supports, but hell, it doesn't matter!

Now I wonder where the Invertigo from Sommerland Syd is going..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Definitely the best looking of the invertigo's, the colors are just awsome!

Really wish Leviathan would have the same blue color on the supports, but hell, it doesn't matter!

Now I wonder where the Invertigo from Sommerland Syd is going..

It's going To Bagatelle, a small park in Northern France, where it will be called Triops. It's the first real thrill machine they're adding. Here is the ad

bagatelle.jpg.7e7885909ee7cd5faa9248e1a649ae92.jpg

It's going To Bagatelle, a small park in Northern France, where it will be called Triops. It's the first real thrill machine they're adding. Here is the ad

Ahh, I remember that coaster when it was in Liseberg. It was my first thrill rollercoaster with loops, I had only done smaller failmily coasters before that one.

It really was one of the scariest moments in my life, but man was the ride awsome back then when you were 12 years old and kept reride it the whole day.

• 2 weeks later...
I was Supervisor at that ride for 3 years when it was at CGA(as Invertigo), and test rode it countless time along with Sunfire. It's an awesome ride, I will miss it, and I hope everyone out on the east coast enjoys it as much as I have.

You could consider this a Christmas present to all of us eastcoasters!!! LMAO