TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Love it!

As the creative and project manager for Invertigo at PGA, I must say I was very sad to see this ride go. But I must admit, I love the new name, I love the new logo…but still liked Invertigos colors. The memory of Invertigo lives on as a Tattoo on my left arm.

I have to admit, I like the approach to theming this one. I don't think it's that generic a name; if anything, I think it's excellent given the shape of the ride on the skyline. I like how they're actually making the effort to theme it into something different than it was at its former home.

Its clever to play off the fact that the ride LOOKS like a scorpion...that said, why is it blue? Why isn't it just named "scorpion" since "stinger" is kind of dumb?

Because Dorney fans are blue that this is the second hand-me-down they've gotten in a row?

*ducks*

Cool logo... but when I heard the name(before seeing a picture) my name jumped to bees or something like that. Personally the current color scheme(and the name stinger) reminds me of a stingray... but I will admit I like the logo and do kinda see how some people say the ride looks like a scorpion.

Isw it just me or is teal & blue fast becoming the new CF "red & yellow"? This makes two coasters with the same color scheme in the chain now....should prove to be a good ride for the park however & proves that any park can have more than one invert(here's hoping KD gets a B&M invert in the future).

Its only 2 rides...

When its 3 or 4, then you can try to make that sorta claim. Its just 2. And to be honest, it looks quite good. Love how they took the rides shape and came up with a name.

Can't judge a ride by its logo, but based on this one's logo and all the work being done to make it new again (especially the color scheme), I have to say this is looking very good for an Invertigo indeed.

Isw it just me or is teal & blue fast becoming the new CF "red & yellow"?

I can only hope so! McDonald's coasters kind of annoy the heck out of me.

Cool name. And I like how the logo resembles the coaster.

Invertigos are pretty fun. Not as satisfying as full-circuit inverts, but better than standard Boomerangs. I put this one above KI's, but I did get to ride it in more seats at CGA (ends are best) and had ridden fewer coasters at that point.

At least they finally made Invertigo official. For a boomerang that was not a bad coaster when I rode it back in 09' at CGA. I think the new colors are awesome along with the logo. The name is decent & at least it's better than Flight Deck

Okay, as for me about this new attraction, I have a few things to day.

First, I love the new name. STINGER - that has a threating ringtone to it.

Second, I have no problems with the color scheme; all the other inveritos that I've ridden had the same color scheme and it's nice to see something different.

Third, I hate to change the subject, but I just remembered this from my last trip to Dorney Park. I saw that the flat ride called "The Monster" was gone (just had a few small pieces lying around). So I'm asking around if anyone knows why and whether or not this ride will be back, up, and running.

"I rather have you back into my arms . . .wait! I don't have any arms. You know what I mean!"

^They stated that the theoretical capacity would be 840 riders per hour. Anyone know how that compares to other boomerangs at other parks?

As a Dorney fan, I'm pretty happy over this. It's not the GCI we all wanted, but hey- it'll have decent capacity, has a cool name/logo/theme, has awesome colors to complement the other coasters at the park, and is just a fun ride!