TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's New Forum UPGRADE!

Here is a list of features/changes that have been added since the new forum has been introduced. Many of these have been added thanks to user feedback. We really appreciate and value your input!

- Links in the forum now open in a new window/tab when clicked

- When you click the "URL" button you enter the URL and text in a pop-up like the old forum

- There is an option to turn on/off the calendar in the user control panel

- You can now see "Users viewing this topic."

- Drop down menu to quickly jump to a page number in a topic

- Improved the "Save Draft" feature

- Improved the "Thumbnail" feature for photos bigger than 800px wide

- Added social networking buttons (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc) which you can update in the user control panel

- Added site statistics button on the navigation menu

We hope you enjoy the new forums!

ps. Have you checked out the new CHAT ROOM yet?

------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back everybody.

As you can see we have finished this upgrade for the moment.

If you spot anything which is not working as it should be or have any questions regarding things.

Feel free to ask.

We will try to answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Hope you like it.

Feel free to join the chat and chat about random stuff, what you did during the downtime or whatever you want to.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take some getting used to, yeah. We've tried to make the new forum look as close to the old one as possible but since the old forum was being retired by the software company we had to upgrade to their new version.

--Robb

No offense, but I'm really not a fan of the new board. It feels to me that because there is black everywhere that everything has not fully loaded. Maybe if you made the user control panel links and that stuff up there grey it would feel better, and also if there weren't black lines running through everything.

No offense, but I'm really not a fan of the new board. It feels to me that because there is black everywhere that everything has not fully loaded. Maybe if you made the user control panel links and that stuff up there grey it would feel better, and also if there weren't black lines running through everything.

When I first opened the forum today, I also thought that something was missing on the sides. However, it only took a second to remember the upgrade. I like the new look. It seems a bit more industrial which is a good thing to me. I don't know why but it's sort of "Windows 7" looking.

Using Windows 7 and Chrome

You're all probably fed up with me finding bugs and glitches by now, but I've found a couple more.

I had a few issues when I tried login to the new site for the first time, as when I tried to log in using the login page (though posting.php or ucp.php) it would take me to a blank page (nothing in the page source either). I finally got in when I used the login fields at the bottom of the main forum page (index.php). I'm suspecting a few bad cookies left over from the old site, as I couldn't recreate the problem in Chrome/MSIE, which I don't use as often.

Also, I can't seem to get the Save Draft feature to work, as it simply reloads the "Post a Reply" page with a text field blank instead of saving it.

User agent info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 GTBDFff GTB7.0

You're all probably fed up with me finding bugs and glitches by now, but I've found a couple more.

I had a few issues when I tried login to the new site for the first time, as when I tried to log in using the login page (though posting.php or ucp.php) it would take me to a blank page (nothing in the page source either). I finally got in when I used the login fields at the bottom of the main forum page (index.php). I'm suspecting a few bad cookies left over from the old site, as I couldn't recreate the problem in Chrome/MSIE, which I don't use as often.

Most likely cookie related indeed.

No offense taken, but it's not going to change much. The black space at the top between the calendar and the forums will be looked into, but really, is it THAT big of a deal?

--Robb

I have no idea whos end this is on but the spell check isnt working for me (I'm using firefox, if that helps) all I see is a black box where the 'magic' normally happens...

EDIT: tried on IE despite the risk of crashing my laptop, I can see the white boxes but there are no words!