TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

P. 131: "Margaritaville at Sea" cruise line announced

^I really hope that's some sort of photoshop!

Anyways, we've cruised during the holidays before and even had Santa give KT a present once.

So we finally experienced the 'stretched' Enchantment of the Seas. The ship was nice, it was very much a 'three day' crowd, but far better than the four + day Carnival crowd! The ship made two stops but we didn't even bother getting off!

With Carnival I will not cruise,

For I don't want to get a bruise.

They say they will add new stuff.

I say it's a bunch of fluff.

The food on ship will come out quick.

Afterward you will soon be sick.

In the middle of sea the boat will get stuck.

When you see the people you're with that will suck.

They will lure you with a price that's less to pay,

But getting on board will make for a bad day.

What I am saying may be a bit brash.

I just don't want to come back with a rash.

In other Carnival news, they have been rolling out a new dining program in the Main Dining Rooms on their ships (starting with the Carnival Glory last week, and starting on the Carnival Liberty, Imagination, and Inspiration in the next couple months).

Appetizers, sides, and desserts are now served family style for the table, on formal night every table gets the same appetizer sampler platter, side, and dessert to share (there's no choice), and tablecloths are only used on formal nights.

^I really hope that's some sort of photoshop!

Anyways, we've cruised during the holidays before and even had Santa give KT a present once.

So we finally experienced the 'stretched' Enchantment of the Seas. The ship was nice, it was very much a 'three day' crowd, but far better than the four + day Carnival crowd! The ship made two stops but we didn't even bother getting off!

Awesome! I am so excited for my Alaska cruise in May!

and tablecloths are only used on formal nights.

Shame they aren't ever using tablecloths again...

My bad, I should've said on "American FEAST" nights (believe it or not, that's the actual new name for formal night, because apparently nothing says formal dining like "American FEAST")

In other Carnival news, they have been rolling out a new dining program in the Main Dining Rooms on their ships (starting with the Carnival Glory last week, and starting on the Carnival Liberty, Imagination, and Inspiration in the next couple months).

Appetizers, sides, and desserts are now served family style for the table, on formal night every table gets the same appetizer sampler platter, side, and dessert to share (there's no choice), and tablecloths are only used on formal nights.

They better put in a lot of tables for two in the anytime dining area, because who the fuck wants to eat family style with strangers? Please, NCL and RCCL, do not engage in a race to the bottom.

Yeah the sharing thing is extremely strange with Noro and everything!!!

Royal Caribbean actually used to have an awesome Salad one of the nights for dinner that was served Family Style...it only lasted about six months as people complained about sharing and the risks involved. WTF is wrong with Carnival!?!?

Freedom of the Seas rescued two sailors early this morning that were adrift at sea.

Cruise Critic reports the Royal Caribbean cruise ship found the two after the sailors shot a red flare to signal for attention.

Royal Caribbean Director of global corporate communications Cynthia Martinez issued this statement regarding the incident, "the rescue occurred today at approximately 5:30 a.m. as the ship sailed from San Juan to Philipsburg, St. Maarten. After sailing toward the red flare, the ship encountered a small boat with two passengers. Crew lowered a boat into the water and rescued the two men, both from the Dominican Republic."

After being rescued, Cruise Critic indicated that the Royal Caribbean crew gave the sailors food, water and medical treatment until they could be transfered to the United States Coast Guard in St. Maarten.

www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2013/12/19/royal-caribbeans-freedom-of-the-seas-rescues-sailors

Here's some news about Oasis 3 building.

Well, not really news but STX has just build a new hoist, the most powerful in Europe, to can build ships faster.

For now, Oasis 3 is still hide indoor but here is two pics showing new St-Nazaire landscape.

On the first one, taken one month ago, you can see the Vladivistok, a landing helicopter dock for russian navy with the old blue hoist on the right.

The second pic taken this week is showing the new red hoist ready for building Oasis 3.

source : STX France

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back a week ago from a NCL cruise. Had a great time. Was 7 nights out of Tampa. Went to Belize, Honduras, Coasta Maya, and Cozumel. Everything was excellent. Plus not a lot of kids. Would gladly go on with them again. Didn't try the specialty dining. Still enjoyed the food though. Only thing that would have been better were the shows were geared a little more towards older people. I would next time go on the Epic with the Blue Man Group.

I have only cruised with Norwegian twice, and they were great (both times it was an Alaskan cruise in the Pearl). The second time though a lot of the specialty restaurants that were free the first time had a fee the second time, there was only one or two that you didn't have to pay extra

Yikes. I'm hoping this either bombs or doesn't make it past those few ships. We're going on the Sunshine in September (a friends 30th birthday cruise who refuses to sail on any other line despite comparable prices at the same time) and after seeing this we both agree we would avoid those nights at all costs.

Chiming in again simply to reiterate how ecstatic I am that I quit working for Carnival just about one year ago. I'd like to say there were some aspects of the company that were good, but there really aren't.