TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

• 3 weeks later...
For those that may have done this, do you have any recommendations on any particular dolphin encounters in Cozumel? it looks like there are a few options at least.

Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab was pretty good. There are different options available once there. I believe we did the push, pull, swim, plus manatees. It was one of the better dolphin swims we've done.

I just received my cousin's wedding invitation. Turns out it will be held on the Carnival Inspiration (Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico). Any tips on keeping myself sane?

It's Carnival. . . Kindly decline the wedding invitation!

I just received my cousin's wedding invitation. Turns out it will be held on the Carnival Inspiration (Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico). Any tips on keeping myself sane?

It's Carnival. . . Kindly decline the wedding invitation!

but, tacos...

I haven't been on that ship but all I remember from my other two Carnival cruises was alcohol was and probably still is expensive. It was a really bad place to be an alcoholic.

Other tips: phone and internet services is spotty or expensive at best; and TV entertainment is limited. Bring a kindle, Ipod, tablet, book, or something with media stored on it as you will not be able to stream. You will also want something else to do that doesn't cost extra money on the ship.

https://cruiseline.com/ship/carnival-inspiration

229 Tips for Carnival Inspiration

https://cruiseline.com/ship/carnival-inspiration/tips

Edited by SoCalJasonland

I haven't been on that ship but all I remember from my other two Carnival cruises was alcohol was and probably still is expensive. It was a really bad place to be an alcoholic.

See, these are the kind of tips I need because I can drink most people under a rock. Even more deadly, I don't get hangovers. This is all bad.

EDIT: I found the Enhanced Cheers drink program. I will have to crunch the numbers and see if it's worth it.

EDIT 2: The Enhanced Cheers drink program looks like it could be worth it. $49.95 per person, per day when booked prior to your trip ($5 bucks more if you purchase it on board). It only allows 15 alcoholic drinks per day/24 hours. While I can drink more than that, I think this might be up my alley. Lets say on average, I have 4 Grey Goose martini's a day at $12 a drink + 2 glasses of wine with dinner at $8 a pop, each night + a couple of night-cap cocktails, let's say 3. That's a total of 9 drinks for one day, totaling $100 in booze a day - not including tips! I think this might be the way to go.

See, these are the kind of tips I need because I can drink most people under a rock. Even more deadly, I don't get hangovers. This is all bad.

EDIT: I found the Enhanced Cheers drink program. I will have to crunch the numbers and see if it's worth it.

EDIT 2: The Enhanced Cheers drink program looks like it could be worth it. $49.95 per person, per day when booked prior to your trip ($5 bucks more if you purchase it on board). It only allows 15 alcoholic drinks per day/24 hours. While I can drink more than that, I think this might be up my alley. Lets say on average, I have 4 Grey Goose martini's a day at $12 a drink + 2 glasses of wine with dinner at $8 a pop, each night + a couple of night-cap cocktails, let's say 3. That's a total of 9 drinks for one day, totaling $100 in booze a day - not including tips! I think this might be the way to go.

I don't know if you get premium alcohol as they didn't have that when I cruised; but the drinks are weak so it may be worth it. Everything is measured exactly by gun or by laying shot glass level on a bar mat. There are no straight pours into a glass that I remember. You also can't really make your own drinks in the room so I would have probably used almost everyone one of those drinks from sun up to sundown.

The review on this site seams a little more detailed about what to expect as far as the cruise.

www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=10

For those that may have done this, do you have any recommendations on any particular dolphin encounters in Cozumel? it looks like there are a few options at least.

Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab was pretty good. There are different options available once there. I believe we did the push, pull, swim, plus manatees. It was one of the better dolphin swims we've done.

Thank you for the response. Now i need to figure out if the minimum age requirement is just for the dolphin experience or what because I would like to bring my kids under 5 along and just have them hang out with a relative that's not doing the encounter and just let them play on the beach or something

^It's a giant resort, there is usually a "Non-participant" price which gets you transportation and admission into the facility. Once there, there is plenty for non-dolphin people to do.

Laqueefa - That's a short, SoCal people cruise, on Carnival. Unless this is your BEST FRIEND EVER, decline the invitation and send them a nice gift.

Laqueefa - That's a short, SoCal people cruise, on Carnival. Unless this is your BEST FRIEND EVER, decline the invitation and send them a nice gift.

Unfortunately, it's family, so ditching isn't an option. Trust me, as soon as I saw it was a Carnival I tried to think of a way out. Pretty sure I'm going to max out that 15 drinks a day just to deal with the SoCal people.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a real weird question but...

Are cruise line websites as difficult everywhere else as they are here in Finland? It's all overly complicated and unclear, you have to dig deep to find the simplest answers and you can't reserve online pretty much unless you're a 4 person group of age 25+ adults, otherwise you have to reserve it through their phone-service???