TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

It's exactly what you would expect on a cruise ship. It would be kind of weird to slide down the mouth of a realistic looking fish figure...

RCCL confirm the delivery on thursday (the boat will leave St Nazaire for Southampton on Sunday).

When I look the pinterest page of Lloyd, il seem to be work to finish. My neighbour who work on the shipyard say to me that there was again workers on the first cruise of Norwegian Epic to finish the work. I think that it is going to happen with Harmony.

RCCL confirm the delivery on thursday (the boat will leave St Nazaire for Southampton on Sunday).

When I look the pinterest page of Lloyd, il seem to be work to finish. My neighbour who work on the shipyard say to me that there was again workers on the first cruise of Norwegian Epic to finish the work. I think that it is going to happen with Harmony.

Yup. It happens a lot. There were shipyard employees on my Trans Atlantic maiden Quantum of the Seas cruise doing some cosmetic work on the ship.

The model looks finished though.

4b5e3443b9674c3caa0b76ca3c8127c0.jpg

And those plants in Central Park look like they have been there for ages!

fa900286ce16055466afc801912db246.jpg

Hello everyone.

In a couple of weeks I'm taking my second Viking River Cruise, this time through the Bordeaux region of France.

Is there any interest in my posting a photo trip report?

Would be happy to if you like.

Can't wait!

Yes... yes.... YES!!!!

Even though not everyone on here will admit to it, we all LOVE photo Trip Reports. Especially when it is something that most of us don't get to do.

I know I would love to see your photo trip report, and I bet SharkTums would love to see it too! Can't wait!!

Also, have a good trip!!

Hello everyone.

In a couple of weeks I'm taking my second Viking River Cruise, this time through the Bordeaux region of France.

Can't wait!

Absolutely. River cruising is getting bigger and bigger and I'm considering a Central Europe one at some point.

Hello everyone.

Can't wait!

Absolutely. River cruising is getting bigger and bigger and I'm considering a Central Europe one at some point.

Would love to see a report on a river cruise, add me to the list that would love to see one.

Alrighty then, will post a photo TR once home.

As stated before, this will be our second Viking river cruise, and our second cruise of any type. We did the "Romantic Danube" itinerary in August of last year (from Budapest to Nuremburg, with the Prague post-cruise add on trip) and liked it so much, that we booked the Bordeaux cruise shortly after getting home. Cannot believe that the time is almost here! Viking does an excellent job of spoiling you, and I'm looking forward to gaining the inevitable 10 pounds

Since we'll be in Bordeaux, we *might* drink a little bit of wine

Count me in as someone interested too!

Oddly enough, Viking River Cruises are based in my current city of Woodland Hills. Nowhere near any of their routes.

Has anyone ever sailed on celebrity cruise line? Looking for some reviews of the line and specifically the infinity.

Thanks

we did Celebrity on our Alaska Cruise a few years back.

the average ages on the ship tended to be mid-40's, tho there were some older and younger mixed in.

the food was spectacular (easily 4-5 star), and we ended up never going to specialty restaurants (just eating in main dining or room service), since the food was so good. People *did* tend to dress up for dinner, at least a dinner jacket, even on non-formal nights, and we never saw Jeans or shorts in the main dining (tho we did see some when walking by the buffet).

the room (we had a concierge balcony room), was larger than what we've had on Holland America (and that one was a suite!), and the bed was very comfortable.

the shows were about average, but the musicians on board were very good.

best thing about it? they daytime activities -- lots of very interesting lectures (not only about the wildlife for where we were going, and info about the coastline. .but also stargazing lectures for use later in the evenings).

I'd recommend Celebrity highly.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a 5th Oasis Class ship on the way!

Royal Caribbean Blog

Royal Caribbean announced today it has signed a memorandum of understanding with STX France to build a fifth Oasis-class ship for delivery in the Spring of 2021.

This order is contingent upon the completion of customary conditions, including documentation and financing. Final contracts, which include the definitive payment schedules, are expected to be completed within the quarter. Capacity increases for 2016 through 2020 remain unchanged.

"The response to the arrival of Harmony of the Seas is staggering, eliciting excitement from eager cruisers from markets on both sides of the Atlantic," said Richard D. Fain, Chairman and CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

"The Oasis-class ships have delivered beyond expectations each time," said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. "Harmony of the Seas' warm reception is evidence that growing this class of ship will continue to drive exceptional performance for the brand."

"We are extremely pleased with the recent success of Harmony of the Seas and take great pride in our partnership with Royal Caribbean," said Laurent Castaing, Managing Director of STX France. "It is especially exciting to collaborate on such diverse projects from Oasis to Edge, both marvels in their own space."

A fourth Oasis-class ship is also being built at STX France, with a delivery date of 2018.

Cruise Critic has a video of the Ultimate Abyss Slide! I didn't realize it wasn't going to be dark inside, this looks great!

Wait, what the crap? I thought it was gonna be a waterslide. I'm kinda disappointed. Still cool.

Cruise Critic has a video of the Ultimate Abyss Slide! I didn't realize it wasn't going to be dark inside, this looks great!

Wait, what the crap? I thought it was gonna be a waterslide. I'm kinda disappointed. Still cool.

No way, I'm so happy it's a dry slide! So many more people can ride it and it would be a ton of impossible logistics to deal with a wet slide in that location.