TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

LibertyOTS is getting some waterslides as well...

Those Boomerango slides, while exciting, are really short one trick ponies in my opinion. Still, it's neat to finally see Royal joining the race in implementing slides on their ships.

built by Wiegand not such a leap as they did the Coaster and Water slide in Haiti. Has it been definitely confirmed by RCI that its a water slide? Regular slide would make sense and not wet people going in the elevators lol.

Stu K

Royal Caribbean mentioned on Twitter that they were going to include a 10 story tall "water slide," which had me confused a little.

As for the aesthetics of implementing any slides on-board a ship, I don't think there's much of an easy way to plant a big water slide on a cruise ship without making it look less amazing. Most people probably won't even care for what the ship looks like off-board, as long as they can have a great time onboard.

Besides that, what right-minded kid wouldn't want to go down a brightly lit super slide like these?

• 4 weeks later...

So since everyone usually posts all kinds of little problems with RCCL to try and spite me I'm *SHOCKED* no one has posted about the awesome Carnival fail going on right now!??! Fire in the engine room, ship was not cleared by coast guard to sail after a couple of days and now they're flying everyone home from St. Thomas.

Now, truthfully, they're doing a much better job than in the past with this issue. Passengers have services, they seem to be taking care of them, full refund, and now they are flying them home. Much better then trying to sail a crippled ship or strand people.

I'm still happy to get on a cruise ship anytime!

• 5 weeks later...

Planning on doing a cruise next year. Disney cruise line seems to be the best fit for us as we have 3 kids.

We were thinking of carnival, but after what I have been reading on hear we have crossed that off our list.

Speaking of carnival cruise lines, it looks as if a brawl broke out on one of there ships over a cheeseburger. Look here....

http://www.cruisehive.com/carnival-breeze-passengers-fight-while-waiting-in-line-for-cheeseburgers/8581

Keeping it classy I see.

^ That is AWESOME! Here's the direct link to the klassy vertical video:

And of course this all happened right outside of Guy Fieri's restaurant which just upps the "klass factor" even more! lol

Edited by robbalvey

^ That was amazing. I can totally understand fighting for food while on a Carnival cruise. When we did ours, the best meal of the entire trip was that super shady burger joint with the raw burgers left out in the 90 plus heat for hours. I would have fought someone if they kept me from that burger.

Edit: Found a picture of it.

_MG_2131.thumb.jpg.ef217ab74ce576fa07bac4e701d21842.jpg

This was honestly the best meal of the cruise.

Edited by jray21

Does anyone know anything new about "ULTIMATE ABYSS" on Harmony Of The Seas?? This is about all I could find:

ULTIMATE ABYSS

Here’s a challenge only for the brave. Take a heart-pounding thrill ride,

plunge down our bold new 10-story slide — the tallest at sea.

And the below photo with the back of the ship "blacked out." I am officially interested.

Source.

Also... This??? (Not sure how reliable it is though...)

Source.

57dd07017be209c929a52276b0fbc763.jpg

har.png.3b1d501bb9b2a6d276ccfe4749d5ac6f.png

Hmmmmmmm?

the fact it may not be a water slide and maybe the best news ever. The manufactures makes sense as they worked with them with Dragon coaster and waterslide in Haiti. When do we get TPR pov of the new slides lol.

Stu K

Living near St-Nazaire, I often have fishing time just in front of Harmony of the Seas but there's no slides on the site at the moment (water or dry).

I will take photos when they put the slides onboard.

RCI announced this week that the boat will be finish earlier than expected and they add 2 little cruises in channel sea for may 2016 (Southampton - Rotterdam - Le Havre).

A nice shot of the giant snake on the beach in front of the shipyards (Harmony is just at the back) :

12120174_1638989899721874_1411857900250903310_o.thumb.jpg.9855b74452e4f0bdb8a960a1a2dbb203.jpg

Living near St-Nazaire, I often have fishing time just in front of Harmony of the Seas but there's no slides on the site at the moment (water or dry).

I will take photos when they put the slides onboard.

RCI announced this week that the boat will be finish earlier than expected and they add 2 little cruises in channel sea for may 2016 (Southampton - Rotterdam - Le Havre).

A nice shot of the giant snake on the beach in front of the shipyards (Harmony is just at the back) :

[attachment=0]12120174_1638989899721874_1411857900250903310_o.jpg[/attachment]

Awesome! Thanks for keeping an eye out for the slides!

That's all fully announced and rendered. Liberty will do a big dry dock this Winter and come out with a bunch of new stuff including a few water slides.

oops my bad, guess I missed some things during this summer

• 2 weeks later...