TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

But the cruise enthusiasts are even worse than the theme park ones and there are more of them!!! I don't know if we're up for that!!!

If you can deal with us...I'm terrified to know it can get worse!

Haha - truth. They can be way worse and feel way more entitled to special privileges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
^Orlando is relatively close to three different ports...

For me it's driving by the port (Canaveral) each day that makes me want to just hop on a boat. I am planning to take advantage of the last-minute RCL deals on a weekender out of Port Canaveral. Anyone have any advice on how late to book to get the best deals?

I'll appreciate anything, my fiancée and I are novice cruisers, with my only experience being a family vacation 9 years ago on Carnival... She's cruised with Norwegian before, so that's a much better experience!

Thanks!

^The best deals on Royal Caribbean out of Port Canaveral are the 4 day cruises that go Sunday - Thursday. You can grab those 2 - 6 weeks prior during the off season for as low as $99 per person! If you have to do the 3 day weekend one the prices will be higher than the 4 day but during the off season you can still find them as low as around $200 a person.

I wish we could do the longer weekday cruise, but neither of us want to burn the vacation time with work! We're getting married in about a year and are saving as much time as we can until then!

Have you guys been on the weekend one before? I'm assuming you've been on the ship (Enchantment) though. And we know from everyone's trip reports that Nassau is a waste! Maybe we'll venture out just to say that we did!

^We've done Enchantment and Monarch (before she was retired) on the three day run and it was fine. We did the typical 20 minute lap around Nassau. The ships are older and there's not as much to do as when you look at some of our trip reports but they're still nice and relaxing.

^ That's actually more what we're looking for. Somehow we've never taken a vacation where it's just the two of us! We always go places to visit friends or family, so we just want a getaway weekend! We're thinking about doing a cruise for our honeymoon, so we want to make sure we won't kill each other over a simple weekend!

Hi guys just back from Christmas and New Year Cruise on Legend of the Seas! One of the smaller ships and 20 years old she still in good order.

The Big spoiler for us was the bar service was pretty bad. Lack of servers working the room or pool deck and 1 venue the Anchors away lounge quite often had no or 1 server during events and quiz's. The bartenders also not good at working the line in order.

That said was a great trip and did some ship spotting at the ports ! Photos below.

https://www.facebook.com/stuart.kite/media_set?set=a.10153101792222780.1073741832.522732779&type=1&pnref=story

Off topic but cabana bay was a great resort.

Stu K

So Carnival is going to air a Super Bowl ad this year. If you go to their website you can vote on which one of the four will air. You will also be entered for a chance to win an annual cruise for life. Sounds more like a sentence to me.

So Carnival is going to air a Super Bowl ad this year. If you go to their website you can vote on which one of the four will air. You will also be entered for a chance to win an annual cruise for life. Sounds more like a sentence to me.

Yeah, I was on the Carnival Glory during the holidays and they gave every stateroom a letter asking them to vote for a Super Bowl ad.

The "Mystery Spot" one is my favorite.

Think living on a cruise ship would work if you picked one that moved around the world a lot so you see more than just the 14 day oasis rotations. Also would have to eat normaly as over 12 night I have gained an extra chin.

Stu K

I was sent the video with info for the new Carnival Cruise and it seems like a weird mix to me. On one hand, it looks like they're trying to go more upscale with a lot of their areas especially that outside patio stuff. A lot of it looks just like Quantum/Anthem. But then they talk about their new biggest water park and it doesn't look comparable to the NCL ships. So if you're going for water attractions I think you'd still choose NCL for their water slides over Carnival. Now, onto the Cycle Monorail...some whores will try to count this as a credit I'm sure but it's just another very odd choice of attraction. It will make the outside of the ship look kind of weird, it's pretty low capacity, and just a very odd choice. At this point they would have been better off just putting a small coaster on the side instead of these two random tracks with cycle pods hanging off!