TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

From: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11380706.htm

Norwegian Cruise Line Again Named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by World Travel Awards

Company receives prestigious award for the second consecutive year.

Norwegian Cruise Line has been named the “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards, making the company the top global cruise line for the second consecutive year.

The honor was given at the organization’s 20th annual Grand Final Gala, held on November 30th in Doha, Qatar, and is based on votes by travel agents and consumers across the globe to recognize travel companies that provide outstanding products and customer service. In addition to the award for top cruise line worldwide, Norwegian Cruise Line has also received the award for “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the past six consecutive years from the World Travel Awards, and has been named “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line.”

“We are honored that our travel partners and guests around the globe have shown their confidence in our product with this incredible award,” said Kevin Sheehan, CEO of Norwegian Cruise Line. “We are continuing to enhance and expand our fleet so that our guests can create a customized vacation experience, and this award shows that we are leading the industry. We’re very proud of this achievement.”

Norwegian has eight spectacular Freestyle Cruising vessels sailing the Caribbean this winter from four convenient departure ports, and will soon have a ship sailing to the Caribbean year-round from Miami when Norwegian Getaway joins the fleet in February. The line also has two ships sailing in Europe year-round and four ships during the summer season.

The World Travel Awards has been recognizing and acknowledging excellence amongst companies involved in the global travel and tourism industries since 1993, and has set high standards for all of their participants.

To book an award-winning cruise with Norwegian, contact a travel professional, call Norwegian at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit http://www.ncl.com.

That's good we have a free cruise on the NCL Spirit in March (93 sleeps). Been a bit nervous as its our smallest and oldest ship to date ,our 1st time with NCL and 1st time in Europe on a ship. But hey its free right. Will do report and photos when we get back.

Stu K

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/os-dr-seuss-carnival-cruise-lines-20131211,0,1556885.story

Royal Caribbean has Shrek. Norwegian has SpongeBob. Disney has...well. Now Carnival has pulled something out of its hat for its children-oriented programs that has just as much power -- Dr. Seuss.

Today Carnival Cruise Lines announced an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises for all 24 of its ships. It will be known as Carnival Seuss at Sea targeting activities and dining geared toward youth and families.

"Dr. Seuss inspires imaginations across generations and encourages a playfulness and whimsy that is often lost in today’s 'always on' society,” said Susan Brandt, president of Dr. Seuss Enterprises. "We’re excited to be working with Carnival Cruise Lines to bring some of the timeless magic of Dr. Seuss to the families that sail each year."

Seuss-oriented fare include the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends in the main dining hall. It will feature Seuss-inspired menu items including yes, green eggs and ham. Servers will be adorned in Seussian outfits and there will be characters including the famous cat as well as Thing One and Thing Two. The breakfast costs $5 a guest and will be held on the first sea day of each cruise.

Each ship will feature Dr. Seuss books, toys and activities for children as well as Dive-In Movies showing such films as "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "The Cat in the Hat."

Coming in May on the Carnival Freedom after its refurbishment as well as on the Carnival Vista, due in 2016, will be a themed play space known as Dr. Seuss Bookville.

Also during sailings will be "Seuss-a-palooza Story Time, A Rhyming Good Time," which is described as an interactive reading event for kids of all ages.

Seuss characters will be out and about for interaction including the Seuss-a-palooza Character Parade, a conga line along the Promenade.

And of course, there will be Dr. Seuss-themed retail items on board, as well.

The line, which carries more than 700,000 children each year aboard its fleet, will roll out the program beginning with Carnival Splendor in February and all ships in service by 2015.

"We’re constantly challenging ourselves to uncover unique and interesting ways to further enhance our guest experience," said Mark Tamis, senior vice president of guest operations for Carnival Cruise Lines. "We are thrilled to bring the fun, whimsical and wonderful world of Dr. Seuss to life."

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-002.jpeg.2a51bafdcba7667211674196786714c4.jpeg

Dr. Seuss Bookville is a Dr. Seuss-themed area coming to Carnival Freedom in May and the new Carnival Vista in 2016.

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-004.thumb.jpeg.46d45ee04773bf8daaaf96b7c213723f.jpeg

Carnival Cruise Lines is bringing Dr. Seuss-themed activities to all of the ships in its fleet.

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-003.jpeg.a247d5e5663caf466b39a0b2fecfbc5a.jpeg

Dr. Seuss Bookville is a Dr. Seuss-themed area coming to Carnival Freedom in May and the new Carnival Vista in 2016.

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-001.jpeg.a09fdf3bf092af9db9cacc4e8461e67f.jpeg

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-007.jpeg.b15b8086e91f2825b83f3aa84a0f727b.jpeg

Seuss-a-palooza Story Time, A Rhyming Good Time will be rolled out to each ship in Carnival Cruise Line's fleet.

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-005.jpeg.efb5332fe48478e848d1203e7831b303.jpeg

The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends will feature Seuss-inspired menu items. servers adorned in Seussian outfits and character interaction.

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-008.jpeg.69b0b0096e41da36cf91b3b3cfa3cf79.jpeg

The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends will be special breakfast available to guests on Carnival Cruise Lines.

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-009.jpeg.ec9577eec0c0b29b971f4369abb6f3bd.jpeg

The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends will be special breakfast available to guests on Carnival Cruise Lines.

os-dr-seuss-on-carnival-cruise-lines-pictures-006.thumb.jpeg.08b62ddc91d9b84f8c4ce09b12d6e322.jpeg

Yeah, it's weird, I think Carnival has finally realized where their place is, and they need to do something about changing that reputation. Old CEO out, new one in and a few new ideas, better commercials, etc.

But let's see if it's real or just fluff. It's a little disappointing that only TWO of their large fleet are getting this between now and 2016.

Royal Caribbean rolled out the Barbie thing on a bunch of ships at the same time. And I can't help to think that the kids in this photo look either distracted or bored.image.jpg.f56f9e12d03f5b364b440f1de2e0ec77.jpg

End of the day, it's still Carnival. And you know what they say "how much can you polish a turd."

Edited by robbalvey

The Mythbusters proved you can polish a turd so that you can actually see your own reflection in it. In fact, as it turns out, Lion $h!t actually polished the best.

So now all the redneck, Coors Light swilling, hilbillies will have some place else to neglect their child whilst gettin thar crunk on!

Hey kids, lets listen to Horton Hears a Who, go get ruffied up with maw maw, and vomit in teh cement pond.

Guy "Still won't ever get me on one of their boats." Koepp

Just saw this on CNN. As far as I can tell, Royal Caribbean has nothing like this in their cruise contract.

uploadfromtaptalk1387296744927.jpg.71a7fb2a50267fe503b827ba16639a88.jpg

The fact that Carnival is actually trying to enforce this clause in the Triumph lawsuits is enough for me to never want to sail with them (bad reviews aside).

^I really hope that's some sort of photoshop!

Anyways, we've cruised during the holidays before and even had Santa give KT a present once.

So we finally experienced the 'stretched' Enchantment of the Seas. The ship was nice, it was very much a 'three day' crowd, but far better than the four + day Carnival crowd! The ship made two stops but we didn't even bother getting off!

With Carnival I will not cruise,

For I don't want to get a bruise.

They say they will add new stuff.

I say it's a bunch of fluff.

The food on ship will come out quick.

Afterward you will soon be sick.

In the middle of sea the boat will get stuck.

When you see the people you're with that will suck.

They will lure you with a price that's less to pay,

But getting on board will make for a bad day.

What I am saying may be a bit brash.

I just don't want to come back with a rash.

In other Carnival news, they have been rolling out a new dining program in the Main Dining Rooms on their ships (starting with the Carnival Glory last week, and starting on the Carnival Liberty, Imagination, and Inspiration in the next couple months).

Appetizers, sides, and desserts are now served family style for the table, on formal night every table gets the same appetizer sampler platter, side, and dessert to share (there's no choice), and tablecloths are only used on formal nights.

^I really hope that's some sort of photoshop!

Anyways, we've cruised during the holidays before and even had Santa give KT a present once.

So we finally experienced the 'stretched' Enchantment of the Seas. The ship was nice, it was very much a 'three day' crowd, but far better than the four + day Carnival crowd! The ship made two stops but we didn't even bother getting off!

Awesome! I am so excited for my Alaska cruise in May!

and tablecloths are only used on formal nights.

Shame they aren't ever using tablecloths again...

My bad, I should've said on "American FEAST" nights (believe it or not, that's the actual new name for formal night, because apparently nothing says formal dining like "American FEAST")

In other Carnival news, they have been rolling out a new dining program in the Main Dining Rooms on their ships (starting with the Carnival Glory last week, and starting on the Carnival Liberty, Imagination, and Inspiration in the next couple months).

Appetizers, sides, and desserts are now served family style for the table, on formal night every table gets the same appetizer sampler platter, side, and dessert to share (there's no choice), and tablecloths are only used on formal nights.

They better put in a lot of tables for two in the anytime dining area, because who the fuck wants to eat family style with strangers? Please, NCL and RCCL, do not engage in a race to the bottom.