TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

That definitely seems to be the pull factor with them when I see any of their ships with slides on them. They were the first to get a bowl slide on top of a ship before Norwegian Cruise came around, and now this.

Speaking of Norwegian, my mother has one planned for my family and I later in the summer on the Breakaway! Very excited!

^Those look beautiful and fun. And yet, I can't help but think that something is missing. Oh wait! The poo.

On the Ecstasy there was a sign at the entrance to the water slide that warned the water was non-potable, so you're not too far off!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, so I frequent the CC boards often and decided to take a stab at my own review of my recent cruise on Allure of the Seas!! It was freakin' amazing!!! Now its mostly done but I still have some stuff to add. I actually saw you on the boards Elissa, I tried saying hi but I don't know if you saw it!

So I am known as "swim13" on there, for some reason Swiminn6 must have been taken. I don't know if I am allowed to do this so Robb or Elissa, feel free to delete the link but I figured I would just try!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1877135

^^ That was your TR? Been following it very closely. Good Stuff.

Yeah, thanks!

By the way, someone told me that is on the current sailing that Allure had a surprise health inspection yesterday and received a near perfect score of 99!

I am uploading a cruise video on YouTube, shhhh don't tell everyone on CC the secret if you are following along there! I will try to post it here if anyone is interested.

I never posted this in here, but I sailed on the Holland America Line's Ms Zaandam from Vancouver to Seward, Alaska from July 7th to July 14th and had an amazing time! The ship had great food and the ports we stopped at were amazing, Alaska is a beautiful place to visit. At times, you felt like you were on a floating nursing home, but that's just the type of people that tend to visit Alaska, but it was still a great visit. I don't have many complaints of the ship! It was larger than the Monarch of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) cruise I took to the Bahamas a few years back!

DSCN2481.thumb.JPG.c76c7191ac0853c3c3f323b7bed94015.JPG

Taken in Ketchickan.

I never posted this in here, but I sailed on the Holland America Line's Ms Zaandam from Vancouver to Seward, Alaska from July 7th to July 14th and had an amazing time! The ship had great food and the ports we stopped at were amazing, Alaska is a beautiful place to visit. At times, you felt like you were on a floating nursing home, but that's just the type of people that tend to visit Alaska, but it was still a great visit. I don't have many complaints of the ship! It was larger than the Monarch of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) cruise I took to the Bahamas a few years back!

Alaska is beautiful, looks like a fantastic place to visit. Was the ship near full capacity?

I'm surprised this was never posted... http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/24/travel/luxury-cruise-inspection/index.html Silver Sea cruise lines failed health inspection pretty bad. For the amount you pay for that cruise, you would expect higher standards.

I'm definitely surprised it wasn't Carnival, and was on a very expensive cruise.

Wow, not much love for Carnival to be found here. I went on the Carnival Dream last month due to my family organizing a reunion. After their recent incidents I would not have booked Carnival, but they did it before those incidents and I'm not passing up a free cruise. I have to say it was great...excellent ship, great service, clean westernized ports, and food was actually very good (namely the dedicated Tandoor station).

^ I will agree that the Tandori station is awesome - but not all Carnival ships have that. Have you sailed on any other lines before? Often it is the context of sailing the other lines and realizing what the experience "should be" that forms that opinion.

Thought I should drop by to say that I'm currently on the Norwegian Breakaway ship headed for Bermuda. Already been to almost every corner of the ship, starting to try out the restaurants, and don't ask how many times I've been down the slides. I'm about an hour and a half away from my appointment to the ship's ice bar, and my brother (who's already been in it) tells me it's almost too cold for him. Extra jacket it is.

Sure is a step up from my first cruise 4 years ago on Royal's Monarch of the Seas in terms of the ship, but I hope the one destination is going to be as good as the two on the previous ship.

^ I will agree that the Tandori station is awesome - but not all Carnival ships have that. Have you sailed on any other lines before? Often it is the context of sailing the other lines and realizing what the experience "should be" that forms that opinion.

I've been on 5 cruises total: 1 Celebrity, 1 Royal Caribbean, 1 Princess, 2 Carnival. My most recent cruise before this one was a 14-day on the Emerald Princess 4 years ago. I think in terms of the quality and service we experienced for what we paid, the Dream was an excellent value. I wouldn't necessarily say it was a better value than RCI with their amazing ship amenities, but I would book Carnival again. The Sunshine looks like a beautiful ship.

The Love Boat is going out with a bang!

The MS Pacific, best known as "The Love Boat," is being dismantled at a ship scrapyard in Turkey.

The scrapping of a ship that introduced millions of Americans to cruising has taken a turn from the sad to the tragic as two workers at a shipbreaking facility in Turkey were killed while working on the ship this weekend.

According to Istanbul’s Hurriyet Daily News, the workers were killed by toxic exhaust while using a pump to drain water from the engine room of the MS Pacific at a scrapyard in Izmir after a rough sailing from Genoa, Italy.

Link to article

Awww no love for Monarch!?!?

Kristen sailed Monarch after all the big ships and after Disney!!! It's her favorite ship to date and she gets so upset when she remembers that it's gone! We've actually been thinking about booking the Majesty to see if it's as good as Monarch was.

I loved the Monarch! It was actually one of the best vacations I've ever taken. Having finished the Norwegian cruise yesterday, I have to say that it would feel less exhausting cruising on it since there's less of a ship to take-in and explore. Big ships are great, but as small as the Monarch is, it sure has some upper advantages that other enormous cruises don't have. I don't think I could really explain it without using paragraphs.