TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

^We also had some Triumph rejects on our Jewel cruise. I think Royal made a lot of money on the unlimited booze packages from what I saw!

The one thing they were correct about though was the audience being catered to. I HATE that Carly cruise director woman. This was my second time having her and she is just not right for the RCCL Brand. She's too old, and tries to pretend she's not, but at the same time catering to an older clientele. There was a definite lack of activities and the activities that were offered were mostly geared to much older people.

Hey All:

My wife and I are looking into a cruise in January or February of 2014 (My show season ends Dec. 31), and were really looking into sailing with either Disney or Royal Caribbean. What are the current sentiments toward these companies? We are looking at Bahamanian or Caribbean itineraries only (Although RCCL has an epic-looking Trans-Atlantic itinerary).

^^You'll be happy with either of those for sure. My advice always is if you LOVE Disney and/or have kids, Disney is great. But if you 'like' Disney or don't have kids, I'm not sure I'd recommend it over Royal Caribbean.

No, I would say you probably went over the limit on this one. But how can a ship sail 150km without anyone noticing missing passengers?

It's not like there is a daily roll call. 2 people out of thousands are easy to miss.

To be fair to Carnival (God, did I actually say that?), it's just bad timing for a situation that is unfortunately somewhat "common" amongst all cruise lines. People go missing rather frequently. It just happens, and it's not the cruise lines' responsibility to hold each passenger's hand during their vacation.