TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

^But that's like saying you don't want to visit theme parks anymore after vising SFMM. Trust me, there are MUCH better lines out there! Carnival just brings down the reputation of the entire industry.

I do like the idea of marketing the Carnival Cruises as YOLO though!

That aimless cork in the Gulf they call a Karnival ship has drifted so far from their original location that it will now be towed to Mobile instead of Mexico.

Feces on the floor, sleeping in tents, vomits et al. Sounds like just another day on Klassy Kruise.

http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/transportation/tug-boats-to-reach-disabled-cruise-ship-monday/nWLjX/

This is a great article! http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/passengers-crippled-carnival-cruise-ship-describe-worsening-conditions/story?id=18472936

I love how this quote:

"All of our guests are safe, and we're doing everything we can to make them as comfortable as possible," Gerry Cahill, president and CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines

Is in the same article as these:

"Cabin carpets are wet with urine and water. Toilets are overflowing inside cabins. "

"many people are sleeping in tents set up on the ship's deck. "

"With lack of power, there's no refrigeration so the stink on board is apparently intense"

"We stood in line for four hours to get a hamburger,"

"She said there's no running water. They just really got food there to them tonight, and there's no power whatsoever, other than the emergency flasher lights that are on," he said Monday. "She was crying and hysterical."

"All of our guests are safe, and we're doing everything we can to make them as comfortable as possible," Gerry Cahill, president and CEO of Carnival Cruise Lines

Edited by robbalvey

In the CNN article Carnival specifically mentioned that they had coffee available. Like that somehow makes up for the fact that people have to deal with sewage flowing down walls.

They had two other carnival vessels come "aid" the ship, but for some reason they only transferred one passenger. I would think they would try and transfer more passengers, but maybe that is difficult to do at sea?

Wow! What a nightmare. Definitely makes me never want to use them. I'm right in the middle of trying to book a cruise and I'm finding it hard to completely ignore Carnivals prices. I've been on two cruises, a Holand of America cruise to Alaska and a Carnival Carribean cruise, so I'm well aware how subpar Carnival can be. If you are just looking for a have fun and drink yourself silly cruise though, is it worth it to chance it on Carnival? Ugh they are just so cheap.

Anyways , I love the picture the AP dug up of Triumph on its maiden voyage.

Such a confidence building photograph..

image.jpg.3d90f10c006b6966eacc42c48e30151a.jpg

Wow! What a nightmare. Definitely makes me never want to use them. I'm right in the middle of trying to book a cruise and I'm finding it hard to completely ignore Carnivals prices. I've been on two cruises, a Holand of America cruise to Alaska and a Carnival Carribean cruise, so I'm well aware how subpar Carnival can be. If you are just looking for a have fun and drink yourself silly cruise though, is it worth it to chance it on Carnival? Ugh they are just so cheap.

But they AREN'T the only cheap option! We just did a really nice 3-night on the RCCL Monarch that was $99! And you can even get one of the nicer NCL ships for fairly cheap. Actually, Carnival is the only "cheap" option, but there are other cruise lines that can be equally as "inexpensive."

I guess it call comes down to this - You get what you pay for....and what you're willing to put up with.

Edited by robbalvey

This is a great article! http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/passengers-crippled-carnival-cruise-ship-describe-worsening-conditions/story?id=18472936

I love how this quote:

Is in the same article as these:

"Cabin carpets are wet with urine and water. Toilets are overflowing inside cabins. "

"many people are sleeping in tents set up on the ship's deck. "

"With lack of power, there's no refrigeration so the stink on board is apparently intense"

"We stood in line for four hours to get a hamburger,"

"She said there's no running water. They just really got food there to them tonight, and there's no power whatsoever, other than the emergency flasher lights that are on," he said Monday. "She was crying and hysterical."

YOLO!

Just watched the latest news. I also can't help but think the decision to keep everyone on the disgusting ship an extra 24 hours and bring them to Alabama instead of Mexico was driven entirely by $$$ and not by the poor passenger and crew conditions on the ship.

They're saying it will be "easier" for those without passports then it would have been flying them out of Mexico. Yeah, easier and CHEAPER for Carnival, not for the passengers. Really find this whole situation completely wrong on so many levels.

^That is amazing.

I thought this was a choice quote from one of the articles I read:

Carnival said in a statement that it had cancelled the Triumph's next two voyages scheduled to depart Monday and Saturday

Wow, you're not going to attempt to sail this boat right away after a fire and the mess that has followed? Good call, Carnival! I'm sure you'll have this floating prison back at sea in no time. Likely without cleaning it.

Why anyone gives this company any of their money is beyond me...

dt

LOL! Best article title in a long time!!!!

CBS News - Hot, smelly cruise ship with 3143 passengers being towed to Alabama

Everything about this is perfect.

This made me laugh a lot.

I am definitely going to avoid Carnival cruises forever! This whole situation they're in is ridiculous.