TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

That story makes me sick... And that cabin steward should sue the "mother" of the dead newborn, that has to be very traumatizing.

I know she didn't tell anyone, but do cruise ships have protocols for if a woman goes into labor? IMO you should hold off until you had the baby before you take your cruise.

I know she didn't tell anyone, but do cruise ships have protocols for if a woman goes into labor? IMO you should hold off until you had the baby before you take your cruise.

If I recall correctly, the cruise lines prohibit women from cruising past a certain point in pregnancy - I want to say 24 weeks. Also, babies have to be a certain age - I believe it's 4 months, before they are allowed. My older daughter was 5 1/2 months old, on our first DCL cruise.

^Sounds like someone found a great excuse to get his company to pay for a cruise.

I can't believe that "Someone went missing on this ship 8 months ago, so I need to go on a week-long cruise to 'investigate'" actually worked with his editors.

I see nothing wrong with some investigative reporting bringing to light an issue like this.

Neither do I, but I don't see any investigative reporting in that article that required a week-long cruise. Most of the info in there is stuff you could get from cruisecritic or any of the various CM testimonials that have been posted online. If he really needed first-hand interviews with current DCL CMs, he could've just hung out by the pay phones at the port. Besides, the main interview in that article was a CM that the family put her in touch with, not someone he met on the cruise.

• 1 month later...

Saw this over on a cruise enthusiast message board and thought it was pretty funny. Apparently one of the Carnival ships just out of dry dock for some upgrades (including the Guy Fieri crap) has a ton of things misspelled all over!

This was just one example!

Oh Carnival!

Saw this over on a cruise enthusiast message board and thought it was pretty funny. Apparently one of the Carnival ships just out of dry dock for some upgrades (including the Guy Fieri crap) has a ton of things misspelled all over!

Oh Carnival!

When you're so drunk off a "Bucket of Bud Light", does it matter?

Oh, Carnival....

Oh Carnival!

I'm convinced that anyone that likes Guy Fieri cannot possibly have the brain power necessary to know how to read...

dt

Question to RCL enthusiasts as a first time cruiser: Where do you find the salad better than normal sex? Is it the main dining room?

I think this has to be most anticipated plate of food ever for me. Can't wait for the 3rd.

It is an amazing salad! Each ship does it a little differently but it is generally in the main dining room lunch on sea days. Enjoy and make sure you give us a full trip report when you get back!

Just got back from a fabulous cruise on the Jewel of the Seas!

It was the smallest ship we've sailed on in about 7-8 years, but was still a ton of fun and got us really excited for the new class of ships Royal Caribbean is building as they're supposed to be bigger versions of this ship!

Just booked a Mediterranean cruise on Royal Caribbean! It's on the Liberty of the Seas, so it's the biggest ship we've sailed on so far. Looking forward to finally trying a flowrider on board a ship!

And hey, the Med is a great place to cruise, especially if you are in to "culture stuff". What are your ports of call? We did a 2 week Med cruise last April on the Mariner and it was one of the best vacations of my life! Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Israel. Amazing.