TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^ Looks great! And an interesting cover too. Is there any any sign of the coaster(s) on it? Just curious of me, thanks.

Couldn't spot any....but I might have been blinded by the greatness of the soundtrack.....lol!

I put together a few samples of my favorite tracks, if anyone's interested:

Klugheim Soundtrack Samples

I REALLY hope they'll make it available for ordering/ downloading as well, so more people can enjoy it (those interested in that kind of music anyway).

Do any of the locals on here know when schools stop for Autumn break in Germany? Planning a trip to Phantasialand and Holiday Park in October but would rather not go when the kids are off school. Thanks!

You'll find a graphical representation for Autumn break, sorted by the different German states here.

• 1 month later...

I rode Taron last week. All I can say is WOW! This is an awesome ride!!

The pov doesn't make justice to the ride. Every transiction you see in the pov is really forceful, and all that is mixed with strong ejector airtime. It just throw you off to the other side of the train all over and over, it's like riding a crazy bull. Incredible. I had one ride under the rain that was my best ride on a roller coaster ever. Even the little trimmed camelback near the end of the track that usual provides a small floating airtime, that time it ejected me out of the seat! And the launches are super fun!

A big applause to Phantasialand for this new addition!! I'm very satisfied

I rode Taron yesterday for the first time... I'm in love with this coaster. It was my 100th count and is my new #1 coaster, this thing is filled with brutally intense curves, awesome Intamin twistyness and ejector airtime. It was the first time really where I sat exausted in a train on the brake run. The launches weren't that great in the morning, but they packed a punch in the evening. Can't wait to ride Taron again later this year!

I also made a small slowmotion video with my crappy camera.

Edited by flaffstar

I am surprised that it came fairly low down in the golden ticket rankings (thirty something), but I guess it is because it is still very new.

I would think that it will be higher next year as more people get to ride it. The first year of a new coaster tend to bring a lower rating in the Golden Ticket Awards. For example, Thunderbird at Holiday World wasn't even in the Top 50 it's first year, but is now in the 30's, Cannibal at Lagoon wasn't making the Top 50's in it's first year, but now it's in the 40's, and Banshee is still rising in the polls (I don't think GTA did a full Top 50 list in 2014, only Top 10, so it wasn't ranked in it's first year).

However, it is international, and it is the Golden Ticket Awards (Where there's only 5 coasters in the Top 30 that are international), so I'm not sure exactly how far it will jump up.

30 minutes after Park closure, the whole Klugheim area will be opened for one hour only for the hotel guests, so you have one hour time to ride Raik and Taron If the Park is crowded heavier than normal and the park is opened longer, the ERT will be even later.

You will recieve a wristband at the Check-In of the Hotel and will be able to enter Klugheim through the entrance between Feng Ju Palace and River Quest.

They will do that until the 31st of October.

Have fun!

30 minutes after Park closure, the whole Klugheim area will be opened for one hour only for the hotel guests, so you have one hour time to ride Raik and Taron If the Park is crowded heavier than normal and the park is opened longer, the ERT will be even later.

You will recieve a wristband at the Check-In of the Hotel and will be able to enter Klugheim through the entrance between Feng Ju Palace and River Quest.

They will do that until the 31st of October.

Have fun!

Thank you so much This is my first visit to Phantasialand so I can`t wait Anyone got any tips on things not to miss?

Thank you so much This is my first visit to Phantasialand so I can`t wait Anyone got any tips on things not to miss?

Since there's not a giant amount of rides, I think you'll manage it to get on everything important. My favourite non-coaster highlights are Talocan, Mystery Castle, Chiapas and the interactive Dark Ride Maus au Cocolat. The both other dark rides however (hollywood Tour and Geister Riksche) are quite dated..

In case of Shows "Jump" is not too bad.

If you are there for more than one day I would say try everything non-kiddie you can.

A few additions to flaffstar's points about non-coaster attractions:

- Mystery Castle runs two settings: One short one in the morning and a longer, much better setting in the afternoon. They usually switch to the longer setting at around 2pm, so try to get on that one if you only have time to ride once.

- Wakobato does not run on Sundays due to noise complaints of the near residents. It's quite boring so you won't miss much but if you do want to ride it, keep that in mind in case you are there on a Sunday.

- River Quest is also a must in my opinion. Keep in mind though that you can get really(!) soaked on it if you are unlucky.

- Tikal is easily overlooked, but is also quite fun.

- Hotel Tartüff is a fun funhouse.

- The entrances to Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Nighthawk are quite hidden and easily overlooked. Grab a map at the entrance. Do them together and Hollywood Tour first so you don't have to climb the hill again.

- The shows are overall quite good, so if you like shows and got some time on your handy give them a try if you want.

- Usual coaster tips: Try to ride first and last rows and see what you like better. Though Colorado should be ridden in the IMHO much better last row.

As always before any visit: Try not to spoil yourself to much in advance.

Oh and don't forget to get your coaster credits and bring some pics

If you are there for more than one day I would say try everything non-kiddie you can.

A few additions to flaffstar's points about non-coaster attractions:

- Mystery Castle runs two settings: One short one in the morning and a longer, much better setting in the afternoon. They usually switch to the longer setting at around 2pm, so try to get on that one if you only have time to ride once.

- Wakobato does not run on Sundays due to noise complaints of the near residents. It's quite boring so you won't miss much but if you do want to ride it, keep that in mind in case you are there on a Sunday.

- River Quest is also a must in my opinion. Keep in mind though that you can get really(!) soaked on it if you are unlucky.

- Tikal is easily overlooked, but is also quite fun.

- Hotel Tartüff is a fun funhouse.

- The entrances to Hollywood Tour and Temple of the Nighthawk are quite hidden and easily overlooked. Grab a map at the entrance. Do them together and Hollywood Tour first so you don't have to climb the hill again.

- The shows are overall quite good, so if you like shows and got some time on your handy give them a try if you want.

- Usual coaster tips: Try to ride first and last rows and see what you like better. Though Colorado should be ridden in the IMHO much better last row.

As always before any visit: Try not to spoil yourself to much in advance.

Oh and don't forget to get your coaster credits and bring some pics

Luckily I am getting 2 full days and 1 half day since my flight home is in the evening Thanks for the great tips