TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

^^That's a totally fair post! And I do agree that it's up to each person to decide how they want to rank the coasters they have ridden. But from an enthusiasts standpoint, there seems to be a fairly shared view of what make a truly world-class ride and this doesn't seem to tick all the required boxes in my book.

That being said, it looks like it will be an extremely fun ride in an immersive environment, and the only true way to determine the ride quality will be to ride it.

Just rode it for the 4th time. Trust me the pov does not do this ride justice. It's a wild ride from start to finish with some very good directional changes, airtime and laterals. It's anything but force less and it's easy a top ten if not top five ride. Not sure where I'd put it, but it has no single boring moment. Again, no video does this ride justice.

POVs always make a coaster look slower than it actually is/feels when you ride it.

That said I don't really know what people here are on about. This looks hard to beat even from the POV. I mean those launches, holy cow.

I think this is a unique case, because the site is so complex and compact, it was tough to get a sense of the true layout/elements unless you really studied it. I didn't, and I was under the impression it had more twisting airtime hills when it really had more flowing turns. That style of ride won't appeal to everyone.

I do like that the second half appears more intense than the first. That should help the pacing. Like I said, looking forward to it, but just surprised by how the ride style ended up when compared to the construction pics and hype.

I see absolutely nothing negative to say about the addition of these new attractions whatsoever (Not that I was planning to find anything negative to say at all anyways...). Not only is the themeing completely awe inspiring, but Raik offers guests a unique new family coaster experience while Taron fills that void between their more family oriented coasters and high intensity thrills of Black Mamba. I think it really rounds out their current collection pretty well.

No POV could ever do the ride justice because of the shear amount of near misses and disorienting directional changes it seems to boast. It just goes to show Phantasialand's masterful planning when it comes to the interaction of their attractions with the pathways and themeing surrounding it. I remember visiting the park back in 2010 and loving how nearly every attraction felt perfectly integrated into the park and not much felt out of place at all. This addition looks no different.

Woah, one of the first times a POV was more disappointing than construction pics of the ride.

We get it Taron, you're really good at turning. We believe you.

40% of your 500 or so posts are in the Six Flags Magic Mountain thread. Would you honestly not be thrilled to have a ride like that at SFMM?

Edited by ernierocker

I'd do anything to get to Phantasialand right about now, sigh. I guess I need to start saving what little money I get from my part-time job in order to go next year lol, damn being a college student smh. If only American parks would invest in actual theming for their coasters, good grief.

Watching that POV makes me want to see a flying coaster like Taron built - launched with lots of low to the ground turns and near misses. Something like Air but taken to the extreme.

I would love to see any recent overhead shots/video of the park, with a few of it's attractions sort of in "sections," but

perfectly themed+PLUS, like these two coasters have been done. Love it!

IMAscore have confirmed that the Klugheim soundtrack will be available in a CD at the park! I really want to hear the whole thing, just based on what I've heard so far it seems like this is IMAscore's best work along with the awesome Helix music.

I'm gobsmacked that people are underwhelmed by that POV... Seeing the construction it was never going to have the record for amount of airtime, but to be furiously weaving under, over, in and out of a medieval village looks like insane fun! Just different to the fun an Intamin hyper/accelerator or Maverick might provide. #havealwayslovedswoopingturns

I kind of feel bad for Raik for being overshadowed by Taron.

The whole area looks amazing, great to see an area in which any moment a train might burst through the building, having it go over and under you or really close by. Can't wait to just find any bench in that area or a rock and just sit and enjoy myself.