TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

That is great news for the park.

The removal of the log flume opened up a much bigger chunk of land than I was expecting. Still no word on what will be going in their place, correct?

Nope. No news yet. But the construction of the basements seems to be running/starting soon. I heard that many water pipes are currently installed.

I also think about a family-friendly water coater. Maybe an Intamin Auqatraxx? This one could abe used in the winter as well, just turn the water effects off. No idea about the high restrictions on an aquatraxx, correct me if it's not "family friendly".

Yesterday, the worldnew Funhouse "Hotel Tartüff" with nearly 30 Rooms in Phantasialand Germany has opened the doors. A Link to the video you can find here: http://www.freizeitpark-fotografie.de/

Wow, great to see a funhouse with both exquisite theming and loads of old-fashioned stunts. That's definitely going on my must-do list. Hopefully everything stays in good working order for years to come.

10 years ago the park wanted to invest in 28 hectares for further expansions, but theses plans got cancelled by the government due to environment and resident protection.

After a lot of political bashing meanwhile, the government made a new offer to the park last week, which contains 19 hectares instead the planned 29.

See here on the Map. green is that missing 9 hectares.

Source: http://www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/lokales/region/Neue-Plaene-fuer-Erweiterung-des-Phantasialandes-article764175.html

See here the news from General Anzeiger Bonn:

http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-anzeiger-bonn.de%2Flokales%2Fregion%2FPhantasialand-stimmt-Ausgleichsvorschlag-zu-article795517.html

Sounds like great news to me. I'm looking forward for the further expansion of the park which is deeply needed! Until autumn the park will work on a plan how they could use these 19 hectares.

So the park has the possibility to build attractions in the pink zones? Or is this just for Hotels and Parking spaces? I get that the green part will not me included anymore. O i hope the attractions that park deserves to expend in ground now the have to remove good rides to develop (like the flumes they were great.). Looking forward to see what we get for the flumes.

Saw the fun-house video looks great maybe next time i go to visit it.

Looks like a great new water ride. Love the idea of making it in a mountain. But isn't it a bit out of the normal for the park to announce a ride this early? Must mean they're going to start soon. But still don't don't know if that extra land is for expansion for park self or for something else (parking, hotels that kinda stuff).

Looks like a great new water ride. Love the idea of making it in a mountain. But isn't it a bit out of the normal for the park to announce a ride this early? Must mean they're going to start soon. But still don't don't know if that extra land is for expansion for park self or for something else (parking, hotels that kinda stuff).

No news about that. Guess we're getting such news after they made their plan for the new expansion in autumn.

Well if you're visitor at Phantasialand you just see a big construction field in the center of the park. It's really really ugly. From the Berlin Arcardes and Talocan is a great view on it.. So they had to announce it... I wouldn't had revealed the whole layout and the model yet, but not my business.

I guess it'll be an Intamin Reversing Boat Ride, just a bad capacity with 8 riders per boat...

In real the model looks really cool - can't wait for the construction. I saw several indoor parts, 2 lifts and 2 drops.. 1 small (at the BlackMamba side) and a big one, guess with a small airtime hill. The "mountain" seems to be "connected" with the tower of Black Mamba.

No news about that. Guess we're getting such news after they made their plan for the new expansion in autumn.

Well if you're visitor at Phantasialand you just see a big construction field in the center of the park. It's really really ugly. From the Berlin Arcardes and Talocan is a great view on it.. So they had to announce it... I wouldn't had revealed the whole layout and the model yet, but not my business.

I guess it'll be an Intamin Reversing Boat Ride, just a bad capacity with 8 riders per boat...

In real the model looks really cool - can't wait for the construction. I saw several indoor parts, 2 lifts and 2 drops.. 1 small (at the BlackMamba side) and a big one, guess with a small airtime hill. The "mountain" seems to be "connected" with the tower of Black Mamba.

Thanks for the answer. I guess you're right about the field part, although i been to the park several times so I know what big space is missing now i didn't thought about that. Besides where does the model stand? I'm going to visit the park maybe this summer and I like to see it.

But i made a fast drawing in paint for the lay-out of this new attraction:

This is what i got after seeing the picture's. The thick blue stripes is the lay-out. Lift 1 is between lift 2 and 3 from Colorado adventure. The first drop in the mountains (finishing outside) at the Black mamba tower. After that a small out-door trip before being you go up on lift 2 that is outdoor between the mountains making a turn into the big dive with the bunny hop at the end coming out in the water hazard (light blue). Red is just path ways and gray is rocks as theme orange is the station building. It's a fast impression i made so it's not completely correct. But as far as i could see it this is the lay-out. The small purple is what I presume to be the ride entry going under the bunny hop and walking trough the rocks to the station.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I didn't see any announcement about the new ride, has there been something announced yet?

Just go back a page. The park unveiled a scale model of the new ride/area at the end of June:

No specs though.

I didn't see any announcement about the new ride, has there been something announced yet?

Yes, 1 page back. looks like there replacing a log flume with another better themed log flume.

Link

The link has pictures of the model but here is the translation to the article.

Sun The wind is gone, the bomb exploded, the silence is broken! As of today, a model for the new attraction of 2013 at Phantasialand in the park find! The whole thing will be called "Chiapas", while in the Mexican theme, the gap left by the demolition of the old wild water slides has created to fill.

This is it - the new 2013 (or at least the model of it). - Click to enlarge!

It seems as though the park an equivalent replacement in the form of a terrific themed Log Flume establish that wonderfully embedded in an artificial mountain scenario along with Mexican buildings and structures and interacts with Colorado Adventure. After leaving the station, which is located under the newly-established arcade, an indoor Part followed by the artificial mountain range, which is also passed from the Colorado Adventure. The boats go now, you get to an elevator, which runs parallel to the Colorado Adventure Lift Hills. After a cheerful Umherschippern to the lift hill building the Black Mamba, which extends up to precisely that new mountain range, a smaller drop and follows a curve up to Talocan. Then passes through a curve back toward Deep in Africa, being located there, the last major lift, which brings the web to their highest point probably. After a smaller curve for the big final drop, which is a bridge for spectators passes under and with a kind Hopp it goes into the lake for boozy Splash!

Edited by gisco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.general-anzeiger-bonn.de%2Fregion%2FPhantasialand-plant-Aquapark-Hotelresort-article899960.html

End of June, the company had decided to accept a compensation for his future plans proposed by the District Government of Cologne. This will widen by 19 instead of the previously proposed 30 hectares. Areas within the forest west of the L194 will not longer be used.

Following the appointment in the government explained President park director Ralf-Richard Kenter as Phantasialand like to take this reduced to 19 hectares future expansion area. "The aim is to create a year-round getaway destination," said Kenter. "We create an attractive overall package, so that a multi-day visit to the guests is sexy," he said.

Therefore central to the expansion areas is a 6.25 acre water park resort hotel with adjoining theater and concert hall (2.5 ha) and parking lots (2.5 ha). To date, some 1,200 beds in Phantasialand should be as another 3000 to 4000 created new.

The company hopes to further 300,000 to 400,000 overnight guests that are planned to make up 25 to 30 percent of the total number of visitors the Phantasialand.

So far, there are about ten percent. The idea is that the per capita spending one day visitor loudly Tourismus NRW averages around 37 euros, the short break, however 145.60 euros per day output.

In addition, an edutainment center is planned (0.9 ha), where learning should be fun, as well as gardens, playgrounds, picnic areas and recreation areas. To 2.1 hectares Phantasialand also plans to build warehouses, industrial buildings and homes as well as a daycare employee.

No room on the expansion area is for deals that include the classic amusement park. For this was no place in the compromise, so capsize. Therefore, you will continue to continue to tear down old attractions to build new.

"We also benefit from technological progress. Today it is possible to make certain attractions in a way that, when repeated visits each have different experiences are possible, such as in modern 'dark rides', operated in buildings rides such as' mouse au Chocolat '. "

According to the company for the expansion investment of 100 million euros are planned. It will create approximately 830 new jobs, including about 600 full-year jobs. Added employment effects would in park settings. One study found that creates or gets a job at an amusement park three jobs at companies in the region.

For the expansion of the Regional Council has 14 December a regional plan amendment agree. Kenter hopes that - should now everything going according to plan - the end of 2014, the first work to be undertaken.

http://www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/media/899956--6502/121108-Erweiterungsflaechen.pdf

121108-Erweiterungsflaechen.thumb.jpg.5c916df0f863ac6b9e04f1e32aecafb7.jpg